PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - black trapeze tailpiece

stan
27-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Hi team, I need a black trapeze tailpiece for my Harmony restoration.
I was hoping to have it done for GOTY, but I'm not going to make it...
I'd prefer one of the shorter ones, and without the swirly bits in the middle, just two straight arms and the bar for the strings.
I am happy to pay, swap bits etc. I have a reasonable selection of PBG pickups and other hardware bits and pieces to trade, let me know what you need.
Thanks

andrewdosborne
27-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Season's greetings Stan! Let me have a rummage in my workshop of doom to see what I can find...

Sent from Android Nougat

stan
27-12-2016, 03:00 PM
And to you and yours mate, thanks.

Simon Barden
27-12-2016, 07:32 PM
They are few and far between. Black hardware's not very Jazz, so not common. Enter TP-ETS-B into eBay and you'll find one from the US. They also do a longer standard Harmony length one as well.

wazkelly
27-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Sounds like a job for Rustoleum black spray paint in either matt, satin or gloss for about $12 per can.

stan
29-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Thanks Simon, eBay seems the go. But hopefully black can look very Jazz...
True wazk but getting it to stay stuck on with the rigors of use might be a challenge

Dedman
29-12-2016, 01:01 PM
Powder coating is the way to go if you can't find one. Most of the black parts on guitars ( and motorcycles and just about everything else) is powder coated these days. They wouldn't charge much to do a tail piece, there is sure to be one somewhere near you.