PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas/Happy Festivus

adam
18-12-2016, 06:53 PM
On behalf of the Pit Bull Guitars team, wishing all our friends here a very Happy Christmas/Festivus for Rest of Us...

I really enjoy our annual PBG meet ups, and we had our 2016 get-together last Saturday, where I showed everyone how crap I am with a Webber. There is still, one week later, a horrifically burnt pizza sitting on the roof of my house, a la Breaking Bad. Turns out you can't cook a pizza in a Webber (at least not in direct heat mode)... who'd have thunk it?

Anyhoo, as is the custom, we took a photo.

In the photo, left to right, we have Miss Fe, Brendan, Dingobass, myself, Gavin, and Phil. Betsy, the foster dog I can't seem to get rid of, is front and centre and Lucinda, our official Pit Bull Guitars mascot, is watching over us all from the land of 1000 tennis balls.

Thank you to all the team pictured (and absent)… you guys (and gal) are fricken awesome and have helped make something very special. Extra special thanks to Phil, who has been a fantastic business partner, right from the start, and a true friend in times of great need. Also, Brendan, who produces our slick Wiring Diagrams and has just taken on the mammoth monthly task of arranging the judging of our GOTM Competition... thanks BP!

We were also blessed by some special guests:

Wokka. Our resident GAStronomist. Always there to meet and greet every new Forum member, handy tips at the ready, always going above and beyond... plus he throws a wicked seafood and pizza party. You're a legend Wokka, thanks for being an integral part of the PBG family.

BassGuy. You are da bomb El... and our first Endorser! Thanks for making our products sound so amazing.

Special thanks to Josh, Gavin's young lad, who came along to take the photos.

Missing from the catch up (and photo, in Nick’s case), due to distance or availability, are the following:

Nickosaurus. Our Social Media guru. Nick has taken us from a few thousand Facebook Likes to 17k in no time at all. He's also growing our new Instagram audience for Build Your Own Guitar... and doing much better than I am with the Pit Bull Guitars Instagram account. Thanks Nick, lovin' your work.

Daz (Darren). Our IT Guru. Daz is the reason we are the leading DIY Guitar Kit company worldwide (according to Google). Those who have been here a while will remember the dark days where our site kept crashing, a lot, it was very slow and we had a pretty ordinary Forum platform. Daz fixed all of these issues and we saw our visits, sales and Forum participation grow exponentially. You're a legend Daz, can’t thank you enough!

Shane. Our new Bookkeeper. With our rapid growth came the burden of doing the extra book work, which was starting to get out of control. We found Shane locally and he has linked our ANZ and PayPal accounts to our WooCommerce store and it all feeds into Xero (accounting software) automatically. Needless to say this was a huge relief for me, and now I can just sit back and wait for his monthly report. Can't thank you enough Shane.

Mark. Our official Photographer. Remember my terrible blue background kit photos? Washed out with way too much light, badly composed, poorly edited? Now, I’m confident to say, we have the best Kit photos of any guitar kit company and we are starting to see our competitors copy our style. It’s very handy having a Brother who is an award winning photographer. Thanks Mark.

I get a lot of unsolicited emails from people, all over the world, who all say how blown away they are with this Community. There is no doubt that the welcoming, friendly vibe and helpfulness of the regulars here is what sets PBG apart from the competition. So, well done every one of you who make this such an amazing place to visit and hang out.

It’s always risky singling people out, but there were a couple of regulars who went the extra mile this year and we wanted to acknowledge their efforts.

WeirdBits, we acknowledge your extraordinary efforts in helping out with wiring solutions. You’ve solved numerous wiring dilemmas and averted many build tragedies. Thanks so much for your help this year.

A special mention to a newbie, but already an integral part of this Community, Simon Barden. Simon helped me out with a Father and Son build in the UK that had gone bad… mainly due to a poor neck setup. Simon agreed to receive the kit from the customer and fix it… which he did and refused any offers of remuneration from me. Thanks for finding us Simon, and thanks for being such a top bloke.

There are so many others. Please know that your selfless efforts to help people new to this hobby are recognised and greatly appreciated.

I hope each and every one of you on this Forum has a fantastic festive season and gets the opportunity to spend some quality time with loved ones; family and/or friends, and also get some time in your man/woman cave to work on your builds.

I also acknowledge that this time of year can be very challenging for those of us without family or friends; through loss, distance or other factors. To those people, I remind you that Pit Bull Guitars, including this Forum, does not close over Christmas.

So please, if the need arises over the next few weeks, reach out to this Community; as a whole, or an individual member you have connected with, instead of withdrawing and reflecting on what you are missing.

We are, and have always been, much more than a business; we are a Community of guitar builders and, hopefully, friends. When all is said and done, we are all here for each other.

Best wishes and love to you all.

Adam, Phil, Dingobass, Miss Fe, Brendan, Gavin and Nickosaurus (the Pit Bull Guitars Team)

Simon Barden
18-12-2016, 07:04 PM
What a lovely post. This is a very special community and I too wish one and all the very best over this holiday season.

DrNomis_44
18-12-2016, 07:45 PM
And a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to Adam and the Pitbull Guitars team, and all the forum members too, you know who you are, lets hope 2017 turns out to be a really good year, hopefully I'll get my Sloclone 50 Valve Amp Head up and running in 2017, and I will definitely be documenting the build process, with pics, that's for sure.

And before I forget, I would like to thank Adam and the Pitbull Guitars team for getting me interested in building my own guitars, it's a really cool hobby to get into, certainly gives me something constructive to do, you have all been very helpful to me, that also goes for Wokkaboy and all the other moderators and forum members too.

I'm also very happy to be a part of this great forum too.

Dedman
18-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Thank YOU guys for creating such a great community. If it hadn't been for the crew I probably would have made a mess of my first build and stopped right there.....hang on ...wait, I'm thanking you for encouraging my GAS?
Yea actually I am. :D
Hope you all have a great xmas and prosperous new year.

WeirdBits
18-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Merry Christmas and thank you to the PBG team and the whole community (long timers and new members) for creating, maintaining and contributing to this wonderful creative assembly. It's a pleasure to be involved and the people here never cease to amaze.

wokkaboy
18-12-2016, 09:56 PM
Thanks Ads for the kind words. It's been a huge journey watching the company grow and meet so many cool people with similar interests. I can still remember first kit I ordered there was a choice of seven kits and now well over a hundred kits to choose.
Huge merry Christmas to the PBG team and to all the old and new forum members. I've had a blast with this hobby/obsession haha

DrNomis_44
18-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Hey Wokka, thanks for being such a great help to me and my guitar builds mate, I'll get that Gold Strat finished even if it drives me nutty, hopefully 2017 will be awesome, Nintendo will be releasing The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of The Wild in 2017, so it'll already be close to being awesome.

stan
19-12-2016, 01:46 AM
Thanks and best wishes to Adam, the PBG team, the staff, the admins, the forum members and contributors big and small.
A forum like this is a team effort and the helpful and friendly vibe comes down from the top.
This is one of the most relaxed , yet not heavily moderated forums I have been on, and the family friendly atmosphere makes it a great place for all to enjoy.
PBG has grown so much since I first got on here and newbies arrive every day now it seems. Some say a little, some say a lot, but they all just want to join in , learn and share - how good is that?

Plus my wife glazes over at guitar talk - you guys and girls are my outlet.

Thank you all for an awesome forum and place to get guitar stuff.

Nickosaurus
19-12-2016, 05:15 AM
Best wishes everyone - thanks for an awesome year of builds and mateship 👍

FrankenWashie
19-12-2016, 07:21 AM
Its definitely been a fun ride through 2016. Thanks to all for their support, guidance and encouragement across the year, and especially thanks to those who've chosen to share their wonderful builds with the community. There have been some truly exquisite builds showcased here, some wonderful inspiration from and buckets of admiration for what you all do.

Thanks especially to Adam and the team for providing a fantastic and responsive customer service!

Merry Christmas and best wishes to all!

Zandit75
19-12-2016, 07:39 AM
Not much to say, as it's already been said!
This is a fantastic community, and I'm proud to call everyone here a friend, or even a distant family member!!
Merry Xmas & Happy New Year everyone, stay safe, and enjoy what ever break you may have!!!

DrNomis_44
19-12-2016, 07:58 AM
No worries at all Zandit, I'm proud to call all members of the forum, and all the Pitbull Guitars team my friends too.

And a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too mate.

Chuck
19-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Happy Christmas to all the PBG team - thanks for all you guys do for us wannabe luthiers! It's been great to discover what you offer this year and becoming a small part of the community. May 2017 be bigger and better for all.

andrewdosborne
19-12-2016, 10:56 AM
Wishing the PBG team and forumites a great Christmas and 2017, may all your guitar building dreams come true 😎

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

wokkaboy
19-12-2016, 11:19 AM
hey Ponch hope you put your order in to Santa for a shiny new cop bike mate, your avatar bike is lacking a few horsepower and street cred hahah

andrewdosborne
19-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Haha too funny I'll first need to get a new lawn mower! I'll stick the motor from the old one onto the trike. It will then make a lot of noise and black smoke

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

dave.king1
19-12-2016, 01:46 PM
A safe and happy festive season to all, I hope the fat bloke is kind to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMK6eOueKNk

Andy40
19-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Merry Xmas all....

wazkelly
19-12-2016, 06:23 PM
Echo all the thoughts, comments and accolades mentioned already.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable festive season and a prosperous new year.

Rabbitz
20-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Merry Christmas to all the gang.

Adam, you guys have built a great team around you as is reflected in the way the forum members go the extra mile to help. Bloody Well Done!

I know I've said this before, but it is especially important at this time of year. Have you rung a mate just to say hello and make sure they know they're not forgotten?

vh2580
20-12-2016, 09:06 AM
Merry Christmas everyone

dingobass
20-12-2016, 06:43 PM
And a happy bah humbug from me.
Wishing everyone a happy and peaceful new year.

Brendan
20-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Hey guys - thanks for the kind words - as a Mod I feel I get a lot from watching you guys with your builds - I still consider myself a newbie - even though I've now been hanging around for a couple of years. Maybe when I'm old and 50 that might change ;).

Its been great getting to know you guys (and gals - there's a few around) - I hope you and yours have a happy and safe Christmas.

Oh and DB - I hope that Miss Fe has something special from the big green shed for you under the tree.

HatchA
21-12-2016, 03:57 AM
Merry Christmas from Ireland!! :)

ILRGuitars
24-12-2016, 06:44 AM
Ahh...just found this post. I posted this elsewhere so I'll re post here. The sentiment is still the same.
Just wanted to wish Adam and the boys and girls plus all the community a Merry Christmas. Wishing you all a safe, happy and prosperous 2017. Thanks for all the comments, advice, help and ideas. May all your builds be belters!

Fretworn
24-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone. Thanks for all the vicarious enjoyment of your builds!

Bass Guy
24-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Compliments of the season to each and every one of you! Best wishes for 2017!

dave.king1
24-12-2016, 04:33 PM
Safe and happy festive season to all
( apologies if this is a double post, Mr Coppers is visiting :) )

wokkaboy
25-12-2016, 09:00 AM
merry christmas to the PBG team and all forumites, please post any photos of any axe goodies or tools you scored from Santa !
Hope everyone gets something nice under the tree !

DrNomis_44
25-12-2016, 10:42 AM
merry christmas to the PBG team and all forumites, please post any photos of any axe goodies or tools you scored from Santa !
Hope everyone gets something nice under the tree !

Will do mate, but I'll have to wait till next fortnight to do so, but it'll be worth it in the end, hope you are having a Merry Christmas too.