PDA

View Full Version : Urgent!

zeromick
16-12-2016, 09:23 AM
The father of a good friend of mine has been working on Manus Island for over a year now with the refugees and wouldn't you know it... they have got a small band together to make some music.

My mates dad is really close with a lot of the guys there and without going into specific details, he has been spending a lot of his own time and money bringing in things for the families there.

which is where this post is going, my mates dad asked me if I had an electric guitar laying around that I wanted to donate... I don't but I have a heap of parts so I thought I'd reach out to see if anyone had a ST or TL (or any neck in that scale length) and possibly a body that they are looking to get rid of?

I've got more electronics and hardware than I know what do do with but just need a good neck.

the catch is my mates dad is leaving again on boxing day so I'm trying to get something together by then.

Mick

FrankenWashie
16-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Mick,

I can probably go you one or possibly two better. I have a squire strat (Chinese cheapie) and a Nylon strung classical that don't get enough love at my house. Given I have 3-4 kits in building I may also need to clear some room. Both have soft gig bags to go along with them.

Does this help?

dave.king1
16-12-2016, 09:36 AM
I may be able to step with something, also have a small Peavey Rage gathering dust

Andy40
16-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Nice one FW and DK, this community never ceases to amaze me. Good on you guys

zeromick
16-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Nice one FW and DK, this community never ceases to amaze me. Good on you guys

+1

bunch of deadset legends here. Thanks Dave and FrankenWashie... I'll be in contact.

FrankenWashie
16-12-2016, 10:47 AM
+1

bunch of deadset legends here. Thanks Dave and FrankenWashie... I'll be in contact.

Cheers man, happy to help.

dingobass
16-12-2016, 07:05 PM
Bugger! I have a stack of goodies here but I doubt they would get to you on time from Perth....
Still happy to gather it all up and send it if you can get it to your buddy after he has gone back.
Let me know.

zeromick
17-12-2016, 03:25 PM
Awesome man! thankyou so much hey.
I'll let you know :)

dave.king1
19-12-2016, 09:48 AM
Had a bit of a strum yesterday and it plays fine and sounds quite un-Tele like but I'm still not bonding with it so if still wanted this is what I have to go ( no gig bag or case though )

Wilkinson compensated bridge & Schaller vintage humbuckers, stock Tele wiring and kit tuners which are stable

dave.king1
21-12-2016, 05:11 AM
G'day Mick,

Considering things have to be boxed up we are running out of time for boxing day departure, any thoughts on when things will start happening.

Given DB's most generous offer maybe we should be looking at a consignment of all of the offerings early in the new year rather than a piecemeal approach.