PDA

View Full Version : Looking to fund my next build

Andy40
21-11-2016, 04:00 AM
I am looking to fund my next build by selling my Artist TC (Tele style) and my Artist ST (Strat style).

Both guitars are in pretty much mint condition. I was considering modding them as Artist sets up the guitars quite well....buuut...I've seen a PBG kit that I must have.

Unfortunately, it will have to be a pick up only sale (I'm in Brissy) as I don't really want to go to the trouble to post them.

Artist have increased their prices since i bought them which was about just under 2 years ago and you cant get the SSS pup configuration on the ST anymore by the looks of it.

I'll sell either guitar for $100 or you you want both you can get them for $180.

Andy

wazkelly
21-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Nice guitars Andy and good value at those prices.

Would love to help but I am watching the pennies ATM too.

If no nibbles maybe try Gumtree as they don't charge for you to advertise.

Andy40
22-11-2016, 11:07 AM
yeah, thx Waz, no rush at the moment. I may try gumtree at a later time or mod them myself with a set of Bensons ;)

wazkelly
22-11-2016, 01:55 PM
Hi mate, I thought they came standard with Wilkinson's which usually should sound alright and definitely better than stock Chinese cheapies.

Andy40
23-11-2016, 02:56 AM
Yeah the Wilks are alright, but I switched them in my LP with Toneriders and the difference is very noticeable.

wazkelly
23-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Fair enough.

Just trying to remember what you put in your 1st PBG Strat? Were they Toneriders too as that should give you a comparison to the Wilko's in the Artist Strat? Likewise the Toneriders in your Ash Tele too.

Suspect the Wilko's are just a bit better than stockers but for a few bucks more there may be a huge difference.

Andy40
28-11-2016, 10:38 AM
I've decided im not selling these guitars anymore. Waz has piqued my interest to mod them.

wazkelly
28-11-2016, 06:44 PM
Just saved your self a heap of sanding & finishing and if the build quality is as good as the Tobacco Burst LP maybe a heart transplant is all they need. (Heart Transplant in this context = better PUP's).

Maybe different coloured or textured scratch plates could tart them up a bit and reckon plain black would do wonders on the Tele but not quite sure what would work best on the White Strat? Maybe white pearloid? Aged cream control knobs perhaps?

Simon Barden
28-11-2016, 07:03 PM
I agree, a black scratchplate for the Tele. Maybe change the headstock string trees as those fitted look a bit industrial and a lot wider than Fender ones.

For the Strat, you could see how well you could age the existing plastics using tea or coffee. Even if you keep the pups, I'd swap to plain pickup covers. It's not easy to remove the Wilkinson logo without it being noticeable. I've tried!

Andy40
29-11-2016, 05:09 PM
I really like the white finish on the strat, if I was going to decorate it would probably do a Jimi Hendrix Montreaux design. The trem is ok, but I need to put a bone nut on it and wire it up a bit differently and probably change the pots. I really want to try some Bensons ....if I can afford them...

I am not a fan of the tele colour at all. I'm going to repaint it, when i decide on the colour. Oh and I'll be making her a string through as well and slapping a bone nut on first chance i get and changing the pots and electrics. Haven't decided on the pups yet.

wazkelly
29-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Yeah Andy, as the Strat is classic Olympic White themed it is probably best left as is. Benson's Texas Strat PUP's go for $195 a set and prices for some of the others only go north from there.

From the pictures the Tele looks a bit Butterscotch or is that poor lighting making me see it better than what it is?