PDA

View Full Version : Wiring problems

Jubre
14-11-2016, 05:10 PM
I have just finished my TL-1TH, plugged it in and the sound comes out fine but there is a lot of background noise/humming and if I just tap the guitar lightly a loud noise is produced through the amp and the tone does not work.

I have not used the copper taping, would this help?

Any help will be much appreciated thanks.

Alm_63
14-11-2016, 05:22 PM
Check all of your earth connections and try resoldering all of your joints.

wokkaboy
14-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Hi Jubre have you run an earth wire that touches the bridge plate and run to a common earth point like back of the volume pot ? Both pickups, volume and tone pot, switch and jack should all be earthed to a common point.
Copper shielding will lower the background interference but sounds like you have an earthing issue.

If you have ticked the boxes from my first question then I'd do what Bruce suggested and check your solder joins and make sure earth wires are soldered well.

Jubre
14-11-2016, 05:51 PM
Thanks guys,
I will try those things and if they dont work i will come back and ask for more help.

Brendan
14-11-2016, 06:13 PM
Jubre - may also be worth a couple of photos - some of the guys are guns at picking a missed join...

Simon Barden
14-11-2016, 06:14 PM
As all your wiring connections (apart from the output jack) are on the pickguard, if you can take a picture (or pictures) of the underside showing your wiring, then that would help with any further diagnosis (if necessary).