PDA

View Full Version : Tla-1th

adam
13-11-2016, 12:24 PM
SOLD

Another custom kit the factory messed up (last one).

This was an order for a TL-1TH with an Ash body, no routing and a maple neck with a skunk stripe. No pickups or hardware.

Unfortunately, it was supposed to be a lefty.

It's a nice looking body and neck and it's up for grabs for AU$160.

Free shipping in Aus, AU$59.95 for International shipping.

Check it out here (http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-tla-1th-electric-guitar-kit-custom-order/).

FrankenWashie
13-11-2016, 04:15 PM
I really wish the factory would stop cocking things up, it does really play merry havoc with my GAS.

adam
13-11-2016, 05:31 PM
I really wish the factory would stop cocking things up, it does really play merry havoc with my GAS.

If it's any consolation FrankenWashie, we did discuss this at length when I visited the factory. I now have a good understanding of how they work, so we've modified our custom order process accordingly.

These 2 messed up orders were placed and made before I visited.

So, I'm fairly confident we won't see any more of these "misinterpretations".

Fretworn
14-11-2016, 09:28 AM

I know how you feel. There is no way I can spend any money on a guitar right now, so someone please buy this quickly.

FrankenWashie
14-11-2016, 10:06 AM
If it's any consolation FrankenWashie, we did discuss this at length when I visited the factory. I now have a good understanding of how they work, so we've modified our custom order process accordingly.

These 2 messed up orders were placed and made before I visited.

So, I'm fairly confident we won't see any more of these "misinterpretations".

I guess its a learning curve on both sides huh? Hopefully the new customer order page eliminates most of this for you.

wokkaboy
14-11-2016, 10:22 AM
good kit for someone who wants to route a rear control cavity and won't need a pickguard then.

@ Fretty congratulations on your Overlord status, the Overlord lounge is getting a bit packed these days haha

adam
15-11-2016, 05:08 PM
UPDATE

I contacted the factory to request a discount on this kit, as it was kinda pricey for a kit without hardware. They agreed to give us a small credit, which I've applied to the price on this kit.

So, this kit is now $130 and it is now listed on our site.

wokkaboy
15-11-2016, 05:14 PM
that's a mega deal Ads, gee I am very tempted but glancing at my pile of unbuilt kits !

this kit is ideal anyone who wants to have a crack at routing the pickups and control cavity before attempting a scratch body build.

There are many options like a rear control cavity if no pickguard is prefered and could have any config pups

Simon Barden
15-11-2016, 05:24 PM
As it was supposed to be a Thinline style, does it have a body cavity, but just no F-hole? Or is it an all solid-body?

FrankenWashie
15-11-2016, 06:08 PM
UPDATE

I contacted the factory to request a discount on this kit, as it was kinda pricey for a kit without hardware. They agreed to give us a small credit, which I've applied to the price on this kit.

So, this kit is now $130 and it is now listed on our site.

Dammit Adam, did you have to do that?
Edit: One slide blues special, coming up. Eventually.

Dedman
15-11-2016, 07:36 PM
5 string Keef special Washie!

FrankenWashie
15-11-2016, 07:53 PM
I was thinking more Ry Cooder actually. That's going to be a Future FrankenWashie job though.

wazkelly
15-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Nice blank canvas but need a router and plenty of balls to take on this sort of project......will have to pass but was seriously tempted but when you add-on cost of hardware & PUP's some of the complete kits look more attractive and require less work too.

FrankenWashie
16-11-2016, 01:17 AM
Nice blank canvas but need a router and plenty of balls to take on this sort of project......will have to pass but was seriously tempted but when you add-on cost of hardware & PUP's some of the complete kits look more attractive and require less work too.
I thought about that Waz, I have a couple of kits worth of stock stuff sitting around due to sourcing other pups and machine heads.
The work required factor is not an issue for me, and I have the tools needed to do the necessary on it. My builds seem to be getting done a wee bit at a time anyway so it's not like time is a factor either.

andrewdosborne
16-11-2016, 04:23 AM
Looks like I was too late for this one! Was thinking esquire, bridge humbucker coil split, no pickguard, back routed, top loaded bridge all in a seafoam finish

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

FrankenWashie
16-11-2016, 05:10 AM
Looks like I was too late for this one! Was thinking esquire, bridge humbucker coil split, no pickguard, back routed, top loaded bridge all in a seafoam finish

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I was going down a similar thought process with the routings, but it definitely is not going to be Seafoam. Never Seafoam. Ever.

andrewdosborne
16-11-2016, 05:39 AM
I was going down a similar thought process with the routings, but it definitely is not going to be Seafoam. Never Seafoam. Ever.

Good stuff. Ah yes seafoam, you either love it or hate it hahaha!

FrankenWashie
16-11-2016, 05:49 AM
I was actually toying with the idea of a Single Coil split HB in the bridge position on this. But hey, I tend to make it all up as I go along, it could be a traditional tele by the end of the morning!

adam
16-11-2016, 06:09 AM
Dammit Adam, did you have to do that?
Edit: One slide blues special, coming up. Eventually.

Nice work FrankenWashie.

This was also supposed to be a Thinline style body, that is, semi hollow or chambered.

I did give it the tap test, but can't confirm. Also there's no sign of a "top", so I'm pretty sure it is just a solid body.

I guess you will find out for sure.

FrankenWashie
16-11-2016, 06:30 AM
Nice work FrankenWashie.

This was also supposed to be a Thinline style body, that is, semi hollow or chambered.

I did give it the tap test, but can't confirm. Also there's no sign of a "top", so I'm pretty sure it is just a solid body.

I guess you will find out for sure.

Ooooh, now you're making me nervous. Guess there's nothing to do but wait and see eh?

wokkaboy
16-11-2016, 08:01 AM
it looks like solid ash in the photo. You will know if you compare the weight to another ash tele body.
Plans sound good Frankie, I was so close to purchasing it when Ads dropped the price.
Maybe there could be an option in the future for a kit with tele body and neck only with only the neck pocket routed.

WeirdBits
16-11-2016, 10:10 AM
...Never Seafoam. Ever.

Words to live by.

Thank you for grabbing this, my resolve was at breaking point. The perfect blank slate TL kit.

wokkaboy
16-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Hey Weirdy any updates on your builds or have you lost the tele in a heap of cobwebs mate ?

FrankenWashie
16-11-2016, 10:21 AM
Words to live by.

Thank you for grabbing this, my resolve was at breaking point. The perfect blank slate TL kit.

Your resolve obviously contains slightly more starch than mine.

WeirdBits
16-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Maybe soon Wokks... if you're good.

It was resolve vs consequences Frankie, but the scales were starting to tip.

FrankenWashie
16-11-2016, 10:23 AM
Hey Weirdy any updates on your builds or have you lost the tele in a heap of cobwebs mate ?

Jeez Wokka, you're rapidly approaching 12k posts eh?

wokkaboy
16-11-2016, 10:33 AM
haha cheers Frankie, still 670 posts till 12k, I've slowed down my posts last month or two, there is so much depth of help on the forum these days I have been taking a back seat like DB ! haha
wow Weirdy I will have a well aged chilled bottle of shampoo ready to crack when I see pics of the finished tele build !

FrankenWashie
16-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Maybe soon Wokks... if you're good.

It was resolve vs consequences Frankie, but the scales were starting to tip.

Glad I could remove temptation for you and negate said consequences.

wokkaboy
16-11-2016, 10:42 AM
sounds like you snapped up the deal at the right time Frankie, sure there were a few forumites hovering over the 'buy now' button hahah

FrankenWashie
16-11-2016, 11:07 AM
sounds like you snapped up the deal at the right time Frankie, sure there were a few forumites hovering over the 'buy now' button hahah

It looks that way doesn't it :) There won't be anything happening with that one until I can get the EXA and the SV-1 out the way. And probably should finish the FrankenWashie re-build before starting anything else. (and there's a doll house that I'm supposed to be building for Christmas....and the storage shelves in the sewing room....) ;)

wokkaboy
16-11-2016, 11:21 AM
haha I hear you Frankie, the 'to do list' never seems to get any shorter.
I've got a pile of about 7 or 8 untouched kits otherwise I would have snapped up the deal !

FrankenWashie
16-11-2016, 11:25 AM
haha I hear you Frankie, the 'to do list' never seems to get any shorter.
I've got a pile of about 7 or 8 untouched kits otherwise I would have snapped up the deal !

7 or 8? I'd have thought you'd already built the entire PBG Range?! And here I was thinking having 2 untouched was a bit OTT. I see now that I am a rank amateur!

wokkaboy
16-11-2016, 12:03 PM
haha I'm guessing Frankie but would be around that figure. 2 kits are Popeyes. No haven't built anywhere near the whole PBG range as there's over 100 kits. Most of the pile are from an August sale about 2014 from memory would have been PBG's 2nd birthday sale.

Dedman
16-11-2016, 12:23 PM
jeez Wokka, 2014? get to work man!

wokkaboy
16-11-2016, 12:26 PM
bwhahha cheers Dedman, we get very distracted at 4D with side projects mate and since building scratch build axes I've lost interest in building kits.
I've got an ES-3 there I should make a start on though, I'll get around to it one day. Only if I was lucky enough to be retired I would have a ton more spare time !

Dedman
16-11-2016, 12:31 PM
:D
No idea what next year will bring for me, closed my business and am looking for new opportunities, but I do have a Flying Vee and a custom Jagmaster (on order) to build :D

FrankenWashie
16-11-2016, 12:36 PM
I got some shelving and a dolls house that needs building if you're stuck for something to do Deddy? ;)

wokkaboy
16-11-2016, 12:42 PM
haha good try Frankie

those 2 projects sound great Deddy, nothing screams more rock n roll than a FV I reckon

FrankenWashie
16-11-2016, 01:08 PM
I find myself eagerly anticipating a Dedman Flying Vee.

Dedman
16-11-2016, 01:45 PM
I find myself eagerly anticipating a Dedman Flying Vee.
me too, been putting it off for too long :P