PDA

View Full Version : Add more kit details and information on available options on the shop site?

Simon Barden
07-11-2016, 12:30 AM
I don't know how often the kit details change, so how easy it would be to keep abreast of the possible options, but would it be possible to show in the shop what special-order options are available to the standard kits? E.g. I'd like to build a Firebird but it would have to be a set-neck, not a bolt-on (obviously a real through-neck would be rather awkward and expensive to post). Is that option available? I note that other people have asked if maple/rosewood fretboard options are available.

Whilst the regular builders here might be at ease sending off emails to Adam, the one-time interested browser probably wouldn't consider it, and if it's not displayed on the web site, will simply go off and look elsewhere. I know I would. So a little bit of time adding a bit of extra detail to each kit's description should hopefully result in some extra sales, plus informing the regulars of what's available.

I feel it would also help to describe the kit construction in more detail as well. My ES-3's body was simply described as 'basswood', whereas it's actually a basswood ply with what I assume to be something like a lightly figured birch or maple veneer on top. 'Basswood' on its own doesn't sound that interesting, and the pictures of the kit don't really bring out the grain detail that can be achieved by staining, oiling or painting. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box!

andrewdosborne
07-11-2016, 04:25 AM
My ES-5V was the same. It has a rather nice looking Maple/Birch top that you would have never guessed from the description

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Dedman
07-11-2016, 04:34 AM
I think Adam is working on updating the site with lots of custom options

Simon Barden
07-11-2016, 04:47 AM
Great news!

adam
07-11-2016, 06:49 AM
Yeah, there's two issues we're working on.

The first is the extended descriptions. We know we need more detail in the descriptions, but finding the time is the problem.

I specifically asked about the factory about the hollow body kits, as I was sure they have a maple veneer. They assured me it's all basswood.

So, when I find some time, I might start a thread so we can nail down some of the finer details on these kits and put together more detailed (and accurate) descriptions on these and other kits.

The second issue is the Custom Order project, which I have been working on with a few members, who have given me feedback on Draft 1.

If you guys want to have a look and give me your comments, that would be appreciated. I'll post it in a new announcement thread now.