PDA

View Full Version : Couple of ideas/suggestions...

HatchA
05-11-2016, 04:58 AM
Is anyone else interested in a '67 or '71 style V? The available PBG kit looks really nice but I fell in love with the design of the '67 - '71, with the socket in the scratch plate, solid colour body and the control knobs in a neat little triangle. A vintage tremelo could be offered, though I'd personally opt for a stop bar tailpiece - mounting hole options available at point of order, I guess.

Also - what do people think about fibre optic/LED fret markers - side or face mounted. I'm guessing it might not be a factory option, but maybe a project DB might be willing to take on..?

Lemme know what you think :)

Dedman
05-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Check with Adam but I think you can order most of that from the factory as custom.

ESP do a V with LED fret markers but probably not what you wanted LOL

HatchA
05-11-2016, 08:41 AM
Oh, that's FAAAAAAAAbulous!!! :D

HatchA
05-11-2016, 09:07 AM
Back in the 90's there was an instrument shop in Dublin that had an ESP Explorer (pre law suit shape) in "shocking pink" with a bridge humbucker and a volume control. I don't even think it had a tone knob... The shop was asking £900 (Irish pounds) at the time. I think it stayed up on their wall for quite some time... :)

wazkelly
05-11-2016, 06:47 PM
You'd have to be a very brave and confident man to hang a pink one of those around your neck plus also need to be able to play better than Eddie Van Halen to avoid being called a wanker. Not a fan of that ESP V shape above either but they had to do something to avoid copyright, just think they could have done better.

Dedman
05-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Agree on all points Waz