PDA

View Full Version : BuildYourOwnGuitar new PHOTO banner - comic

Tweaky
04-11-2016, 05:42 PM
Ok, I know this isn't going to happen.... but, this one photo taken as a grab from the "Good Fellows" movie, and captioned.
I thought, summed up the predicament most long term forum members suffer....MORE GUITARS.

No Offense meant, please enjoy.

Simon Barden
04-11-2016, 05:56 PM
I've got around 22 or so guitars/bases at the moment. I now generally stick to a 'one in, one out' policy, but kit guitars come under another heading, mwahahahahah!

Tweaky
04-11-2016, 06:09 PM
OUCH, that's a lot of space taken up by Guitars, especially if they all have their own hard case.
OK if you have the space.
I'm stretching it ATM, 3 Strats, 1 Tele, 1 Es 347, a Hummingbird and K Yari small bodied acoustic...oop's nearly forgot the newly acquired MIJ Tokai S.G. = 3 builds in the works ... a ES3 kit like yours, a Pitbull 335 kit, but modded to take Kinman Soapbar P-90's, and a bass kit, that basically hasn't been touched as yet.

I lost my work space due to having storage costs of other things became over expensive.
Need to sell some stuff off.

Simon Barden
04-11-2016, 06:13 PM
Yes, its the storage space that's the problem, the wife doesn't really mind how many guitars I have. Still, it's better since I sold off my PA kit that was mainly stored inside!

Tweaky
04-11-2016, 08:11 PM
The Drummer used to store the P.A. at his place, back in the day.
PITA pulling it out and having to pack it in a rent it van back in the 80's

The bloody DJ / Hasienda Doof Doof music, killed our gigs eventually.

A music genera that has lasted far too long for it's own good IMHO, it's a drug addled need to appreciate the music movement, has stifled anything NEW, musically.
A very good synopsis of this problem was written in the back page of a either a Sound on Sound magazine, or the Australian Audio technology magazine, a few moths ago....sorry can't remember which.
[Old Fart's that actually know shit ]

Simon Barden
04-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Probably 'Sounding Off' in SoS. I seem to remember something similar. If you've ever used the SoS forum, I was Wonky Wabbit on there. Stopped using it since they updated to the new format as I couldn't get on with the narrow columns. I know a lot of the longer term staff on the mag fairly well.