PDA

View Full Version : A new TL style Thinline in Seafoam Green.

adam
03-11-2016, 04:59 PM
I've been playing a Dakota Red one of these and loving it. So I thought I'd get some in this Seafoam Green colour.

They look amazing in the flesh.

Haven't done the costings yet, but they should be around $289 with the Deluxe case (pictured).

More new finished guitars to be added over the weekend. (EX, FV and JB 5 String styles)

Dedman
03-11-2016, 05:44 PM
looks swish!

pablopepper
03-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Nice colour. Great price too, especially with the case.

WeirdBits
03-11-2016, 06:30 PM
lalalalalala not looking not looking lalalalalala ignore the price ignore the price lalalalalalala

wazkelly
03-11-2016, 06:43 PM
Geez, at those prices why would you build a kit one plus you get a hard case too?

Simon Barden
03-11-2016, 06:55 PM
No string-through-body option available? If not, does the guitar's construction allow you to do it yourself?

wokkaboy
03-11-2016, 07:07 PM
finished thinline looks great Ads and as others said if it's under $300 with hardcase it's a bargain. It differs a bit from the TL-1TH has 2 humbuckers and hardtail. This has more of a tele style to it with 2 singles and tele bridge setup. Also gold hardware usually a bit more expensive.
Presume the factory have built these, they have done a great job. Keen to hear a report how it plays and sounds

adam
04-11-2016, 06:36 PM
No string-through-body option available? If not, does the guitar's construction allow you to do it yourself?

Hey Simon, no string through option I'm sorry. Does that make a difference, or is it just aesthetics?

Simon Barden
04-11-2016, 07:00 PM
It can make a difference to the sound. I once had a Squier Affinity Tele that had a top-loading bridge. It certainly had a different sound and feel to another Squier Tele with a rear-loading bridge (even with similar replacement pickups). Fender themselves swapped to a top-loading bridge back in 1959 for a short while (it's obviously a cheaper construction method), but swapped back at some point in 1960 to rear-loading due to complaints from their users.

There is nothing inherently wrong with top-loading bridges on Teles, it's just different (though with the cast alloy block saddles on my Squier they were very difficult to re-string) and you will get some players who prefer them. But I prefer the longer sustain that a rear-loading bridge gives. I've noticed a big difference in that on a couple of my bases which provide both options.