PDA

View Full Version : Zandit's LP-1S Videos

Zandit75
02-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Here's my mate Trev having a great time on my newly built LP-1S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y0laxrpy8k

Zandit75
02-11-2016, 06:04 PM
And another one with some dirt! Sorry for the sideways video, it was recorded correctly, but saved sideways for some stupid reason!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERaGbmvhxb0

Dedman
02-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Bravo and congrats Zandit!

Zandit75
02-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Bravo and congrats Zandit!

Thanks bud! He's a bloody good player, and I knew he would get the most out of it quickly!
I have a buzz in the bridge pup, so I may have a dry solder in there I need to fix.

wazkelly
02-11-2016, 08:24 PM
HI Zandit, all my videos saved upside down and I had to use MS Movie Maker to shift the orientation and then save in correct format for uploading on youtube. That would work on rotating the dirty video 90 degrees.

Sounds good except for the obvious earth buzz. Sometimes you might find it helps to have a wire going from the back of each pot to the back of the next one, etc and for one of those to also go to the bridge earth wire as well as the output jack earth connection.

Zandit75
03-11-2016, 02:58 AM
I do already have an earth wire going from the back of each pot through to the bridge, but like I said I probably have a dry solder there somewhere. I'll go back over the wiring and see if I can find the issue.

Andy40
03-11-2016, 07:56 AM
Great Vids and that Splamey Lp looks and sounds grrrrrrreeeeeaaaattt!.

Zandit75
03-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Great Vids and that Splamey Lp looks and sounds grrrrrrreeeeeaaaattt!.

Thanks Andy. I'm over the moon with how good it sounds in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing!!

andrewdosborne
03-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Good videos Zandit, this axe sounds a good as it looks. I especially like the distorted demo

wokkaboy
03-11-2016, 09:42 AM
sounds good Zandit, will be even better when the bridge pup buzz is sorted. I am interested in the guitar collection was this recorded at your mate Trev's place ? some impressive axes in his collection !

@ Ponch I thought your CHiPs bike was a real one not a toy kids bike ! haha

Zandit75
03-11-2016, 09:51 AM
sounds good Zandit, will be even better when the bridge pup buzz is sorted. I am interested in the guitar collection was this recorded at your mate Trev's place ? some impressive axes in his collection !

@ Ponch I thought your CHiPs bike was a real one not a toy kids bike ! haha

Yep, these videos were recorded in his studio. Trev has been a member here in the past, I think he has built at least 5 kits.
From the first video, the EVH Franken Strat, Two LP's, Double Necker, and the Cracked mirror IC-1 are all kits.
A little later in the video, there is a green Tele he built for his daughter which won him GOTM.
Behind the Tele is his latest purchase, a Richie Sambora Signature Strat. He also has a Black Kramer, and EVH Kramer hanging there. The black Kramer is his workhorse guitar.

wokkaboy
03-11-2016, 11:56 AM
cheers Zandit yes I remember Trevor's build now you mention it !! I noticed the Sambora strat. I remember some of his builds now. He has a very nice collection indeed !

andrewdosborne
04-11-2016, 10:28 AM
@woks yes I've upgraded the kwaka to an eco friendly model lol. Are you at the cricket? The Mosrite season feels like it has started early this year

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

stan
04-11-2016, 02:35 PM
wow great vids, looks and sounds amazing, enjoy

Zandit75
04-11-2016, 09:03 PM
Thanks Stan!!! It couldn't have happened without your assistance with the orange drops!

koldo2552
29-01-2017, 03:52 AM
Maybe you fixed it, but...
Have you checked the continuity of the hardware??
My brother buit an LP Kit not long ago and i install all the electronics, i had that issue, black finish didn't have continuity. I fixed it sanding a litle bit the tail piece/post joint. A litle bit too in string holes of the tail piece and tuners and the saddles. Once done, ground conections became perfect and the noise went off.

Otherwise, it's an stunning axe!
Cheers