PDA

View Full Version : Alan's GOTM Entry - RCA-4

Alan
28-10-2016, 07:28 PM
This is Betsy, my first ever guitar build. All parts are as supplied, except the scratchplate - but I think the pearloid makes it into something a bit different. Been an enjoyable experience and the finished result is exceptional considering who built it ! I had to file down the nut slots as the action on the first fret was much too high, even though the rest of the neck was OK. However, now that's done I've been able to lower the saddles a bit more and the action is fantastic.
The paint is an original colour, it does not have a name as it was made specially for me. I had a problem with the stain I bought from Wu***ne UK, which was supposed to be blue but turned out green. Had to sand it all back down to bare wood, and started again with a tinted laquer, over a very pale whitewash, finished with a clear laquer and then flatted with 2000 grit wet and dry. Have not used any filler as I wanted to keep the texture of the grain. Very happy with the result and now thinking about what to build next.
Cheers
Alan

wazkelly
28-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Hi Alan, looks great. Very elegant in that turquoise aqua shade.

To enter in GOTM you need to tag onto the end of the existing thread rather than start a fresh one and here is the link....http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=6399&page=7&p=120818#post120818

You can simply copy and paste the text then reload photos and job is done.

Alan
28-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Thanks Wazkelly, I'll sort that out