PDA

View Full Version : Twin neck....

corsair
23-10-2016, 04:05 PM
Would anybody else like to have a crack at Dave Mustaine style Dean twin neck?? I love the idea of the doubleneck and would quite like to have a crack at one, but SG style guitars bore me rigid and I sat up and took notice the first time I saw that Dean VNMT, eh!!

It'd not be a fast moving kit off the shelves, though..... :(

Rev
29-10-2016, 07:06 AM
Ive got an SG one - looks aside, its really useful for both studio and stage. Just have to make sure you've got a noise gate handy, as it can be a little volatile sometimes when you arent expecting it.

corsair
29-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Ive got an SG one - looks aside, its really useful for both studio and stage. Just have to make sure you've got a noise gate handy, as it can be a little volatile sometimes when you arent expecting it.

Really?! I wonder why it's so noisy?

Anyway, I've never wanted a SG styled guitar - single or twin neck! - so that VNMT that Mustaine uses really blew my skirt up when I first saw it, eh! There was an Aria Pro II neck-thru twin that was über cool but alas; they are now prohibitively expensive.... You know, these days with the lack of play that my guitars get - there's about 25 of them and I don't play out anymore - I really couldn't justify the cost of a twin; certainly the moaning and whingeing in the background here would probably reach critical mass, but a bloke can dream, can't he?! ;-)

Rev
30-10-2016, 10:28 AM
Sympathetic resonance, I think. Any real pause in playing while both halves are on means you get a bit of noise... depending on the situation, that can be a cool addition (subtle harmonics or drones) or an annoyance (extra squeal). You can shut one set of pickups off via the master switch, but sometimes you dont have time to flip the switch back and forth. So I tried using a cheap gate pedal when I needed it to go silent for a second or two, and that's worked really well.

As for the purchase issue... well, I bought it after watching Ebay for like a year, heh. Sold off some lesser used ones in the process.