PDA

View Full Version : Question about neck placement

Chicago Jeff
22-10-2016, 03:47 AM
Hello guys

Quick question regarding the placement of the neck in the neck cavity. It should it be nice and flush in there, right? I'm pretty sure I need to sand down some areas to make it fit nice and flush but I wanted to make sure first.

I've attached a pic of the problem. I hope you can see the gap between the neck and body.

stan
22-10-2016, 07:38 AM
Yes it should be flush, but some of the necks on the ES style kits seem to need a bit of tweaking from time to time. Some more pics might help, as you don't want to spend your time sanding to find the neck is looser than when you started

WeirdBits
22-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Yep, needs more pics. From each side of the neck towards the pocket, from below the neck showing how the heel sits in the bottom of the pocket, down into the neck pickup rout showing how the neck heel and tongue sits etc. It's also a good idea to run a straight edge or string line down the neck to the bridge (just sitting on a couple of coins/washers) to get an idea of the action/neck angle and/or if the neck is sitting the way it should be.

Chicago Jeff
24-10-2016, 04:51 AM
Thanks guys. I modified the neck a bit and it's comfy in the body while the glue dries