PDA

View Full Version : Mosrite Mark V

JamesG
04-09-2016, 05:02 AM
I like that you have a Mosrite Mark II Johnny Ramone. I'd like to see a Mark V kit. If you sell it I will buy it. If you do a Mark II Johnny Ramone you can do a Mark V.

What do you think?

Thanks,

James

JamesG
04-09-2016, 05:04 AM
Here is a picture a Mark V -

wokkaboy
04-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Hi James welcome to the forum. You will have to email Adam about a custom order as he can't stock every possible guitar kit. Depends if the factory has templates and CNC programs for the shape, that contoured body is pretty sexy. Otherwise you could have a crack at modifying the mark II kit and possibly order 2 humbucker routes

JamesG
05-09-2016, 06:57 AM
Hi James welcome to the forum. You will have to email Adam about a custom order as he can't stock every possible guitar kit. Depends if the factory has templates and CNC programs for the shape, that contoured body is pretty sexy. Otherwise you could have a crack at modifying the mark II kit and possibly order 2 humbucker routes

Thanks for the welcome. I'll email him. I think if they made this kit it would be vastly popular and sell like hotcakes.

FrankenWashie
05-09-2016, 08:03 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say, but there is something about that shape. Kinda late 60's Psychedelic feel to it.
I'm definitely on the fence with Mosrites, can't say I like them, but I really can't say that I don't.

JamesG
05-09-2016, 11:00 AM
I never liked Mosrites until about 10 years ago. I was like you on the fence. I hopped the fence to the Mosrite camp. I loved the tone on The Ventures albums but not the guitars but later I started to like them.

Once you play one you will be addicted to them. I like the Mark V better than the more common other model. I forget the other model name. I have a late '60s Japanese model. It's not a Mark V but a great guitar nevertheless.

The Mosrire trem is the best. Great bell like sound.

Fretworn
05-09-2016, 11:13 AM
I loved the tone on The Ventures albums but not the guitars but later I started to like them.

Remember the early Ventures albums were recorded with Strats and Teles.

JamesG
05-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Remember the early Ventures albums were recorded with Strats and Teles.

Yes but don't forget the most important Fender they were know for, the Jazzmaster. The Jazzmaster is a refined guitar and the Mosrite was more of a rogue guitar. Both are great. "Walk, Don't Run" great example of a song by them on a Jazzmaster.