PDA

View Full Version : Flying V with a Floyd Rose Trem

DrNomis_44
30-08-2016, 04:53 PM
How about a Flying V style guitar that has a Floyd Rose Trem instead of the traditional Tune-O-Matic bridge?, would that be do-able?

wokkaboy
30-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Hey Doc it may be possible or other option is to order the kit minus the TOM bridge post holes and string through holes and get someone to route the floyd rose tremelo cavities

DrNomis_44
30-08-2016, 05:06 PM
Hey Doc it may be possible or other option is to order the kit minus the TOM bridge post holes and string through holes and get someone to route the floyd rose tremelo cavities

Yeah, that might be the easiest option, but it would be cool to have a Flying V kit where the Floyd routing has already been done, if you were to install a Floyd on a standard Flying V kit you would also have to sort out the nut-shelf so that the locking-nut sits on it properly, or alternatively, you would need to install a Kahler Locking-Nut.

The other issue I can foresee is with the neck back-angle, it may need reducing to allow the action at the 17th fret to be set up right without having to raise the two pivot-posts too high.

HoneyBadgerJM
08-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Now that is 1980s Metal.. I would buy it Steve Vai meets Metalica

ZacMetal99
29-04-2017, 11:10 AM
I'd be keen for this