PDA

View Full Version : Andy 40's TLA-1R

Andy40
28-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Hi Guys,

My first attempt at a video. I'll put it up for a little while. Sorry about the bad notes, i'm not that good but just having fun at about 5am. :D

Hope you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuHOqrUqk8Q

wokkaboy
28-08-2016, 10:37 AM
very nice tone pups sound great Andy. Wow 5am video must have been a big night/morning ! First video demo I've seen recorded in pyjama's ! haha
I have a habit of recording late night vids after too many beers !

stan
28-08-2016, 01:27 PM
Great vid Andy, alway nice to see the results of our hard work
PJs are fine, I remember a vid Wokka did in shorts with a low camera angle that bordered on eye damaging....

Andy40
28-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Ha ha! yeah i forgot I was in pajamas. 5am is the only time i don't get pestered by kids!

I do remember the camera angle and Wokks shorts Stan :eek:

wazkelly
28-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Cool vid Andy. Nice tones and happy it has finally all come together both looking and sounding great.

Just wondering how you got away with a 5:00 am demo session without waking the rest of the family? I would be shot before daybreak attempting that at my place.

Andy40
29-08-2016, 03:29 AM
I'm allowed headphones and no semi-hollowbodies or acoustics...

pablopepper
29-08-2016, 07:53 AM
Great sounds out of that thing, Andy. Lovely playing.

wazkelly
29-08-2016, 07:51 PM
I'm allowed headphones and no semi-hollowbodies or acoustics...
OK.....but the video had sound and presumed that came from an external mic or did you run a line straight into a recording device?

I have attempted to do a couple of vids but each one had crap sound quality from using an iPhone 4, or my Acer tablet. Next time I was planning to use an iPad but happy to learn from others.

Andy40
30-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Waz, I've got a Zoom G3X which interfaces direct with the PC, I used audacity to record the audio. Just took the video at the same time with my Iphone and matched it up with the audacity recording. Im a real noob

From memory I think i was using the Deluxe reverb modelling of the G3X with some reverb.....

wazkelly
30-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Thanks Andy, I will just have to keep on trying and maybe use an iPad instead of a phone as it should have a bigger/better microphone to pick things up.

Andy40
30-08-2016, 05:51 PM
At least you own a decent amp

wazkelly
30-08-2016, 05:58 PM
That's for sure.

Looking at Dedman's Vox 20w version his must be a later model compared to my 40w & 80w ones as the switches look a bit different. Plenty of preset sounds that are really useable too. They can probably do much more than I have figured out as once you find a decent sound or setting you just tend to stick with that.

Clearly I need a long break from work to kick back and have some expression sessions rediscovering songs I used to play plus exploring all the sound options on the Vox's.

andrewdosborne
30-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Great demo Andy, this sounds as good as it looks

Dedman
30-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Waz, if you download the Tone Room software onto your PC and plug the amp to the PC the effects and modelling are almost endless, however I dialled up a couple of sounds I liked and saved them to the amp and thats all I use. Sounds 100% better into the big speaker that's for sure

adam
30-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Nice one Andy40. What are the pickups? They sound particularly good on the clean sounds.

Andy40
01-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Tonerider hot classics Adam.

I was just comparing them to the AC2's this morning.

The AC2's are great but geez you really get almost any sound/tone out of the hot classics. seriously impressed....

Its starting to look like the octane is going in the community kit......

wazkelly
02-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Waz, if you download the Tone Room software onto your PC and plug the amp to the PC the effects and modelling are almost endless, however I dialled up a couple of sounds I liked and saved them to the amp and thats all I use. Sounds 100% better into the big speaker that's for sure

Mine must be older models as nowhere to be seen where either can be connected to any external devices.

Dedman
02-09-2016, 09:45 PM
ah, the newer ones have a mini USB socket on the front
*need to clean the front since I re-housed it.

DrNomis_44
17-09-2016, 10:30 PM
@ Andy40 I'm having trouble with watching the demo video, it comes up as a black screen and says "This video is private".

Andy40
18-09-2016, 08:26 AM
@ Andy40 I'm having trouble with watching the demo video, it comes up as a black screen and says "This video is private".

All fixed Doc!

DrNomis_44
18-09-2016, 08:38 AM
All fixed Doc!

Cheers mate, just checked it out and I think your playing is great, better than what I'm capable of, and the sounds you're getting from your Telecaster are cool too.

I'll have to see if I can do a video of me playing my Gold Strat through my Marshall amp and post it on youtube so I can add a link to it in a thread so you can check it out.

Andy40
18-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Cheers mate, just checked it out and I think your playing is great, better than what I'm capable of, and the sounds you're getting from your Telecaster are cool too.

I'll have to see if I can do a video of me playing my Gold Strat through my Marshall amp and post it on youtube so I can add a link to it in a thread so you can check it out.

Tahnks Doc!

Yeah, love to see a vid of the gold strat through the marshall.

DrNomis_44
18-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Tahnks Doc!

Yeah, love to see a vid of the gold strat through the marshall.

No worries, I'll see what I can do, might see if I can do the demo video over the Christmas season, but will definitely get one done, I think my Nikon Coolpix A100 Digital Camera can do movies, but I'll have to have a good read of the user manual first though, cause I'm still a bit of a newbie with it.

jsergeant
26-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Hi Guys,

My first attempt at a video. I'll put it up for a little while. Sorry about the bad notes, i'm not that good but just having fun at about 5am. :D

Hope you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuHOqrUqk8Q

Hi Andy, just wondering if there's an updated link for the video? The YouTube link says unavailable. Cheers :)

Andy40
28-05-2017, 04:38 AM
Sorry Jsergeant, I put all my vids on private in an attempt to do a better video that i never got around to. Didn't think playin in my PJs was very appealing.:p

Link should work now.

wazkelly
28-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Hi mate, I had forgotten how sweet that sounded. Initially I thought you had started out on the neck PUP but midway through is when it sounded deeper, probably when you did switch to the neck one. Nice mellow tones without any shrill or nasaly twang. Hope my TR's sound the same.

Cheers, Waz

jsergeant
01-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Thanks Andy :)