PDA

View Full Version : Arzi's new inspiration and some results of it

Arzi
21-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Hi

I've been quite busy lately since I took on a challenge of building different stuff for myself and taking a small leap towards making my own stuff - all just for the fun of it. For some reason my friends wanted to have these for themselves so having a hobby that pays for itself is not a bad thing.

I wondered what would be the starting point to make my own guitar and then it hit me when I saw Seasick steve on Youtube. Now I'm hooked on cigar box guitars. I can't really play these but I'm learning as fast as I can (which is veeeery slow...)

Anyway, I've built 5 of these cbg's so far, plus small amps and the one in the lake side photo. The pieces in the Finnish lake side sound amazing by the way - not in my hands but a few of my friends really do them justice.

I could not decide which thread would have been best for this post but here it is anyway. By the way - I'm gonna come back with some Ideas on the Tele bass kit as soon as I decide what I wanna do with it. Some custom modding is needed from the factory but other things are still cooking in my head...

I'll be building that Tele bass together with a cbg, a hub cap guitar, a cajon (or three) and a Tele so will have to decide on the order of things too.... :)

Andy40
21-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Thats cool Arzi. I love those amps. Whats the black stuff on the jetty?

Arzi
21-08-2016, 06:47 PM
Hi Andy

You mean the color of the gitty or the fishing nets next to the amp? ;) Love fishing so had to add them into the picture.

The color on the gitty is just black powdered water based stain with TO surface. Sanded a bit before coating to fade it some towards gray-ish.

Dedman
21-08-2016, 07:17 PM
awesome work!

Andy40
22-08-2016, 04:38 AM
Ahhhh right fishing net...it seems to obvious now

DrNomis_44
22-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Those guitars look cool, the two amps look even cooler.

wokkaboy
22-08-2016, 06:53 PM
awesome amps and CBG's Arzi well done I am very impressed. How do they sound and play ?

Arzi
23-08-2016, 12:38 AM
The one's on the lakeside I have a cell phone video of but I think it's too big to post. I would not dare to put it on youtube cause a collague of mine plays them wearing our work uniform.

Any ideas on how to put it up so people on this forum would see and hear them? Never posted a video anywhere except on my facebook account.