PDA

View Full Version : How much paint to order? Also primer/gloss recommendations for MTN94 cans?

Chuck
15-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Newbie question: I'm looking at using MTN94 (https://www.mtnaustralia.com.au/collections/94) as my colour coat and before I order I thought I'd check how many coats you guys typically get from a single can (ie, how many cans should I order)?

While I'm at it, for those of you that use MTN94, can I ask which sealer and gloss rattle cans you have used? I understand I need to make sure the three layers are compatible.

Oh, and given I'm going for a Sonic Blue finish, it looks like their Angel Blue or Barceloneta Blue come quite close - any thoughts on which one is better?

Cheers
Chuck

stan
15-08-2016, 10:43 AM
havent used it , but i wouldnt think you'd want more than 1 top coat can, same for your clear.
you just need it thick enpough to cut back and enough for even coverage

Chuck
15-08-2016, 11:13 AM
havent used it , but i wouldnt think you'd want more than 1 top coat can, same for your clear.
you just need it thick enpough to cut back and enough for even coverage

Cheers Stan - I guess I was just after an idea of how many coats on average you get per can. I realise there are a bunch of variables, but a basic average, ie 2-3 top coats per can or something!

stan
15-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Depends on volume, but you should easily get that.
Go for more thin coats as opposed to a few thick ones, or you will have issues with paint curing fully