PDA

View Full Version : Pricing and the PBG Team

adam
14-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Pricing

We have raised the price on a few kits from this last shipment. These are pretty modest (I think $10 at the most), but I think our prices still haven't moved much since we started in 2012, when the AUD and USD were on parity.

We have maintained the pricing by ordering bigger shipments and also reducing our margin. We still don't have a lot of overheads, so we can operate on a profit margin that is much less than the MI Industry standard. Plus I'm still working my other Gov job, so I don;t need to draw a wage myself.

The PBG Team

We've added a new member to the PBG Team recently. His name is Shane and he will be doing our Books. I lucked out and found someone local, who is a former CFO and an expert in WooCommerce (our shopping platform) and Xero (acccounting package we just added). It's such a relief to hand this over to someone competent, as it was driving me nuts.

Not sure Shane will be on the Forum, but he's a great bloke... for a Swans supporter.

Dedman
14-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Well done on keeping the prices down Adam, as an importer myself I know what fluctuations in currency's can mean. People don't consider that when the dollar drops not only the cost of the goods increases, but also the freight to get them here, taxes and currency conversion fees all go up as well.
Congrats on a book keeper, I do it myself and blame it for my grey hairs

stan
14-08-2016, 03:28 PM
well done Adam, you run an excellent show

Andy40
15-08-2016, 05:14 PM
I for one appreciate it.