PDA

View Full Version : Community Kit Update

adam
14-08-2016, 11:44 AM
For those who have been here for a while, you have no doubt seen that we’ve been toying with a “Community Kit”, but never really settled on a model, as everyone wanted something different, understandably.

So, Nickosaurus and I took up the challenge and came up with something that we think is representative of the feedback on that Forum thread and is unique enough, but will still have popular appeal.

It’s basically a ST-1 kit, with 24 frets, a humbucker in the bridge and single coil in the neck, no pickguard and one volume control with a 3 way switch. The controls are rear routed, EX style.

Nick wanted a Floyd Rose style bridge, but the factory messed that up and the samples they sent all have a stock ST bridge. When we decide on the "best" two or three versions, we can order with a Floyd style bridge, if that is the consensus.

We received 5 variations as samples and I will be distributing these to a few of you for assessment and, hopefully, to start a build diary on each one so we can get everyone's feedback. One is Ash and the others are basswood, with or without a flame veneer (flat top) and 2 have a reverse headstock.

I've given one of the samples to Nick (pictured), and have contacted four other forum regulars, who are all very active here, to offer them each one of the remaining 4 samples.

I sincerely hope that nobody is put out by not receiving an offer for a free kit, we chose 4 of the many regulars here who we acknowledge as making a lot of effort to help people on the Forum and who we thought would have an interesting take on this kit. We recognise everyone here who makes this Forum such a great place and will be sharing any rewards as they come our way with all of you.

Ultimately, I would prefer to narrow it down to 2 or 3 variations that we will keep in stock as the Pit Bull Guitars "Community Kit". Aiming to have stock at the start of the new year. Remember, if you want something like this, our Custom Order option is always available.

vh2580
14-08-2016, 02:58 PM
Sounds awesome. Will be a great edition to the lineup

andrewdosborne
14-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Sounds awesome. Will be a great edition to the lineup
Yes agree. And its reverse headstock!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

stan
14-08-2016, 04:50 PM
great stuff, looking forward to see how the builds turn out

gavinturner
14-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Sample looks great Ads. Looking forward to see what the results are.

cheers,
Gav.

adam
14-08-2016, 05:22 PM
great stuff, looking forward to see how the builds turn out

Hey Stan, you are actually one of the builders, so how it turns out will depend on you :D

Perhaps your email address has changed, or it got blocked, but I sent you an email this morning about these sample kits.

If you email me with your current email address I will resend it.

nDR01d
14-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Wow, so I have a break for a while, and SWEAR my self off building Strats so that I can enlarge my repertoire. And this happens. I think I'll go for a (custom) hard tail with an ash body...for my birthday. Or Fathers Day. Or Christmas. What's the excuse for buying another one?

stan
14-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Hey Stan, you are actually one of the builders, so how it turns out will depend on you :D

Perhaps your email address has changed, or it got blocked, but I sent you an email this morning about these sample kits.

If you email me with your current email address I will resend it.

Thanks so much mate, you had the right address, just away from devices today, I have replied and would be honored , thank you to you and the team

adam
14-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Ok, we've heard from the builders and they are all keen to take on these "ST Specials" in a My Build Diary, so we can all comment.

The 5 builders, this time around, are Nickosaurus, Stan, Dedman, Weirdbits and Andy40.

Looking forward to seeing what they can do with the "ST Specials"

Dedman
14-08-2016, 09:10 PM
I knew that deal I made down at the cross roads would pay off. :)
Big thank you Adam, will do my best.

FrankenWashie
14-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Aw man, now there's something else I have to build! Looking forward to seeing hiw this all turns out gents!

pablopepper
15-08-2016, 06:13 AM
Nice, now I need one of these...

vh2580
15-08-2016, 06:13 AM
I see the potential for a N4 homage in my future.

wokkaboy
15-08-2016, 10:09 AM
great looking kit Ads, look forward to see how the 5 build samples turn out, sure there will be some very cool community axes

Andy40
15-08-2016, 05:03 PM
A massive thanks for this. I am super stoked to be one of the chosen (and very flattered).

I literally cannot wait to start this build.:cool:

wokkaboy
15-08-2016, 05:05 PM
good stuff Andy look forward to see how your build ends up, sure it will be a stunner.

Would love to see one of these with a Tonerider Octane bridge pup in !

Andy40
15-08-2016, 05:12 PM
good stuff Andy look forward to see how your build ends up, sure it will be a stunner.

Would love to see one of these with a Tonerider Octane bridge pup in !

Dont give me ideas wokks.......:eek:

andrewdosborne
15-08-2016, 06:01 PM
great looking kit Ads, look forward to see how the 5 build samples turn out, sure there will be some very cool community axes

Yes, agree this is going to be one awesome community build fest

Dedman
15-08-2016, 06:06 PM
It will be interesting to see what direction people take with similar kits, I've already got some crazy ideas (that don't involve relic-ing!)

Zandit75
15-08-2016, 08:04 PM
Yes, agree this is going to be one awesome community build fest

It will be interesting to see what direction people take with similar kits, I've already got some crazy ideas (that don't involve relic-ing!)

Time for a Build Off!!!

Nickosaurus
17-08-2016, 07:05 PM
I will join the challenge. :D