PDA

View Full Version : Federal US Government v's Gibson

kimball492
01-07-2016, 09:42 AM
Stupidity happens worldwide https://youtu.be/u6uWYoKZd4c

wokkaboy
01-07-2016, 09:55 AM
what a joke hey KB can't believe the US Government can get away with that !

cork sniffer
01-07-2016, 10:21 AM
News from 5 years ago.
Political focus not really guitar focus story.
Motivation for posting the day before our general election?

pablopepper
01-07-2016, 11:15 AM
What are you on about Corky? I fail to see how this is skewed or relevant in any way to Australian politics.

cork sniffer
01-07-2016, 11:38 AM
What are you on about Corky? I fail to see how this is skewed or relevant in any way to Australian politics.

You're probably right ... but I see one side of an out of date right wing political story presented on a guitar forum.
I don't know the motivation of original poster on the hottest political day of our year.
Politics and religion don't end well on forums.

keloooe
01-07-2016, 11:45 AM
I heard that the mahogany that they were using at the time was confirmed to be imported illegally...

Dedman
01-07-2016, 11:51 AM
then suddenly the subject changed

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Dedman/Renders/Smash-it-up_zpsb18c4499.jpg

DrNomis_44
01-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Personally, I can't see the logic of the American Government insisting on the Indian Rosewood being finished in India rather than in America to make it legal to import, especially when there are ex-number of unemployed/homeless US citizens in the US, the US Government are obviously over-exercising their power and authority.

Was it really necessary for them to have S.W.A.T. charge in with guns as if Gibson were dealing in illicit substances?

And I thought America's Democratic Government was supposed to be about being "For the people, by the people", obviously the system in place got corrupted by those with ulterior motives.

I think they forgot why the first American settlers left England, or why the War of Independence was fought.

wokkaboy
01-07-2016, 12:09 PM
@ Dedman love your graphic pictures, very cool mate !

DrNomis_44
01-07-2016, 12:17 PM
Did you know that when we elect politicians for our Federal Government, those politicians we elect are supposed to be representatives of the Sovereign people of Australia, that effectively makes us their Boss, and they are answerable to us, this is supposed to apply for all countrys/nations with a Democratic system of Government, this includes America too.

One of our responsibilities as a Sovereign people is that we are supposed to keep our Governments in check to ensure they do not abuse their powers, this goes all the way back to Medieval England when English Dukes forced an English King to sign a document, called the Magna Carta, this document is the very foundation of our Government, and also our system of Law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_Carta

wokkaboy
01-07-2016, 01:29 PM
anyway back to the original thread subject that went off on a tangent.

Sure Gibson have made enough over many years to pay a few million dollar fine !

DrNomis_44
01-07-2016, 01:40 PM
anyway back to the original thread subject that went off on a tangent.

Sure Gibson have made enough over many years to pay a few million dollar fine !

If you ask me, I reckon the American Government should have compensated Gibson for loss of revenue.

cork sniffer
01-07-2016, 01:56 PM
I suspect if we had the relevant facts from both sides presented and viewed objectively this story would show Gibson as a grubby money hungry business without concern for workers or preserving timer. Likewise the prosecuting authority would be seen as inept in their ability to protect dwindling supplies of tone woods.

kimball492
01-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Cork sniffer I think you should put the cork back in the glue lol. I'm in Australia. It's a guitar forum not let's intervene in American/ Australian politics. After all Gibson do make guitars, some may say that's debatable. Personally I'm more interested in guitars than any politics. Just thought it was an interesting story. Thanks for your opinion though.

wokkaboy
01-07-2016, 02:56 PM
it's a Friday arvo everyone so grab a beer and chill - that's the best solution !

cork sniffer
01-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Cork sniffer I think you should put the cork back in the glue lol.

HAAA Haaa haaa!
As I reinsert the cork.

Wokka. I can't have that beer it's day one of "Dry July" and I've got 17 hours up so far.

wokkaboy
01-07-2016, 03:08 PM
ah ok Corky big commitment to choose a month with 31 days !

kimball492
01-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Agree with you totally Woks what we drinking ?. Doc even Gibson a loss of 2 million is ridiculous. Plus the lost hours of production, due to no rosewood fretboards. And to go in armed to the teeth. Just a tiny bit over the top.

wokkaboy
01-07-2016, 04:12 PM
haha good one KB, as I am riding a bike home from work a Coopers pale ale is only 4.5%, so couple of them and stumps in 48 mins !

what you filtering bro ?

kimball492
01-07-2016, 04:16 PM
Well the good lady is cooking some lovely Lasagne and pizzas so a nice cold Peroni Cheers to you Woks

wokkaboy
01-07-2016, 04:19 PM
wow KB that sounds sensational you have the other half well trained (don't tell her that mate ! haha)

I think with that menu a red wine is well on the cards !

DrNomis_44
01-07-2016, 05:15 PM
As it just so happens, today is Territory Day for we people of Darwin, that means lots of people letting off fireworks at odd hours who should not even be allowed anywhere near fireworks, there's been talk of banning the sale of fireworks in Darwin due to some people's irresponsible use of them.

kimball492
01-07-2016, 06:02 PM
I have Picardy Pinot Noir. Then there is Picardy Pinot Noir lol. Not really a good pizza, pasta wine, hence the Peroni lol.

Dedman
01-07-2016, 06:19 PM
beats my fish n chips an a cup Irish Breakfast tea hands down :P

kimball492
01-07-2016, 06:30 PM
Jeez I love good fish & chips Dedman. Chip Sandwich mmmmm lol.

DrNomis_44
01-07-2016, 06:40 PM
Nothing wrong with Fish and Chips Dedman, especially when there's a couple of prawns, scallops, oysters, etc thrown in, with tartare sauce and some lemons, I know a good place that sells some really nice Fish and Chips baskets just up the road from where I live, it's called Squid Ink, might buy a family seafood basket for dinner next Tuesday.

kimball492
01-07-2016, 06:42 PM
That sounds great too Doc Seafood buffet in a basket

DrNomis_44
01-07-2016, 07:19 PM
That sounds great too Doc Seafood buffet in a basket

Yeah the fish is pretty good quality, it comes cooked in batter, you get a generous helping of chips with it too, there was a really good Fish and Chips shop in Denham, Shark Bay, a place located on the West Australian coast not far from Monkey Mia (where they have wild Dolphins) you always got a decent sized package of Fish and Chips for your money from that shop.

kimball492
01-07-2016, 07:33 PM
You don't have time to eat Doc you have too many projects on lol

DrNomis_44
01-07-2016, 09:02 PM
You don't have time to eat Doc you have too many projects on lol

That's right I forgot, see when it comes to seafood, I tend to have a one-track mind.....hahahaha, I know, I'm incorrigible...hahahahaha.....

Rabbitz
02-07-2016, 05:28 AM
Well if we're doing dinner descriptions....