PDA

View Full Version : Name that guitar?

Dedman
27-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Anyone got a clue what this guitar is? I've seen that style of bridge and tail piece on a Vee being played by a Japanese player as well. The engraved /etched top has got my head thinking............
The girl is from the band Band Maid, they are heavy rock/metal, actually play their instruments as well. She used to play a Rickenbacker

vh2580
27-06-2016, 02:40 PM
http://zemaitisguitar.com/

gavinturner
27-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Band Maid are awesome!! I wonder what happened to her Ricky? This axe looks just as good though..

cheers,
Gav.

Dedman
27-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Thanks Tony, wow, they do some nice stuff.

Gav, they must be doing OK, they did a few US dates. One thing Baby Metal did ( who I can't stand myself) is open the doors for a few other Japanese all girl bands . Kinoko Hotel did a UK tour, I think Aldious are about to go to the US. The Teenage Kissers have been playing in Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuj_-z5-06w

gavinturner
27-06-2016, 03:09 PM
No not really a fan of Babymetal either.

pablopepper
27-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Yep, Zemaitis A24mf to be precise.

wokkaboy
27-06-2016, 03:40 PM
I knew you would know Pabs, you are like the forum walking encyclopedia of rare axes

Zandit75
27-06-2016, 04:06 PM
One thing I get surprised about is the amount of english words stuck in the middle of songs now coming out of Asia. South Korea is another one that seems to do this pretty often.

Dedman
27-06-2016, 04:11 PM
English words are cool. I saw a girl wearing a jacket in Kyoto that said "The auto race starts at 6am" she had no idea what it said. By the same token my Japanese friend asked why my neighbour had "payment" written in kanji on his arm.... seems he asked a waiter how to write his name in kanji, his name is Bill. LOL We've called him Payment ever since

Zandit75
28-06-2016, 07:13 AM
English words are cool. I saw a girl wearing a jacket in Kyoto that said "The auto race starts at 6am" she had no idea what it said. By the same token my Japanese friend asked why my neighbour had "payment" written in kanji on his arm.... seems he asked a waiter how to write his name in kanji, his name is Bill. LOL We've called him Payment ever since

Haha, that is so cool. I don't want to know what the Kanji tattoo I have on my shoulder says. I'll always believe it means what it said on the poster!!