PDA

View Full Version : New Custom Shop page

adam
23-06-2016, 02:01 PM
Hi, I've just added a new Custom Shop (http://www.pitbullguitars.com/custom-guitar-kits/) page, from the top menu, which covers a lot of info about Custom ordering a kit.

It's a bit of a wall of text, but I think anyone who is genuinely keen to order will read it carefully (and it will probably put off some of the 'tire kickers'... bless 'em)

If you have any comments, ideas, thoughts or criticism, they are always welcome. Please reply in this thread.

Custom orders are a significant portion of our business, so we will continue to develop this page, hopefully including your ideas.

Ultimately I would like an interactive page where you have a drop down menu against each option, so it will give you a final price when you've covered all the options. This is something we will on over the next month or two.

What do you think?

Dedman
23-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Very cool Adam. Further down the line I have a few ideas for builds, it's good to know exactly what can be custom ordered.

euroa guitars
23-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Looks good Adam, I implore anyone who is thinking about custom kit to buy it through you guys...

I ordered a thinline Tele direct from China several years ago, and got a guitar that was nothing like what I ordered...
wrong routing, wrong fingerboard, wrong inlays and the excuse was they were very busy!
And to top it off all the binding cracked and fell off.

wokkaboy
23-06-2016, 02:28 PM
great move Ads, I haven't read all the text but this is a step in the right direction as every builder has very specific needs for a kit that often isn't available at the shop.

Zandit75
23-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Sounds great Adam, I especially like the idea of drop-down menus.
With that option, you can control the correct necks etc that are compatible with a particular body.

Rabbitz
25-06-2016, 06:15 AM
Sorry Adam,

It's early Saturday morning and I couldn't resist...

(I felt like drawing something from scratch)

:)

Fretworn
25-06-2016, 07:03 AM
Sorry Adam,

It's early Saturday morning and I couldn't resist...

(I felt like drawing something from scratch)

:)

Yeah, that won't draw the ire of Fender at all.

kimball492
25-06-2016, 07:07 AM
I think it's a great idea Adam. The pull down menus would be a great idea. Especially giving cost. It would speed up the process.
Customers could immediately place there order, without the need of extra emails.
Goodluck

keloooe
25-06-2016, 09:14 AM
It would be a brilliant idea Adam, having standard prices for everything in a drop down box!!

Laz101
25-06-2016, 09:31 AM
What is the approximate cost of a custom build with no hardware Adam.
Bass
Guitar
Electro Acoustic

adam
25-06-2016, 11:12 AM
What is the approximate cost of a custom build with no hardware Adam.
Bass
Guitar
Electro Acoustic

Hardware packs are generally $30-40 of the total price. You'll need to be more specific if you want a quote. Email us though the custom shop page with specific model numbers if you are genuinely interested.

Nickosaurus
26-06-2016, 07:06 AM
Hey Ads,

Great idea. I think drop down boxes that are coded eventually will clean everything up much nicer. With our international customer base it might make it a bit more accessible too since it is quite a wall. It would be great if selecting a drop down item would change the expected price too.

Andy40
26-06-2016, 07:51 AM
This is an effing good idea