PDA

View Full Version : Neck mistake

ganna19
31-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Hi Guys!
I just finished to put my clear base coat on my maple neck, but I sanded down just up to 240! I wanted to sand it to 800 but what should I do now? Should I wait one week, sand it and then reapply the coat or sand it straight away right now?
I don't know how I forgot to sand it! I was to focus to sand the body....:p

dingobass
31-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Baha ha!
You aren't the first and won't be the last person to do that :D
Give it a few days and sand, if you are using DT you only need to sand to 240. Any finer and there wont be any tooth for the finish to hang onto.
Between coats, give it a light scuff sand with 320 and by the time you are done you will have a very nice and smooth neck

ganna19
31-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Thank you very much dingobass, I though I ruined it. Yes, I'm using your amazing DT.
I will wait until next week and then send it lightly with 320 before applying the final neck coat.
Thanks!

ganna19
03-06-2016, 09:07 AM
What about the fretboard with your dingotone wax? Should I just buffer it on the fretboard with a microfibre cloth? How many coats? Just one?

wokkaboy
03-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Hi Ganna, give the fretboard a good going over with fine steel wool first, wipe off with a clean cloth then go over the fretboard with the Dingowax with a microfibre cloth thoroughly rub it into the fretboard. You can do this several times over a period till you are ready to string the axe up. The more coats will soak in better. Don't be shy with it. The wax will protect the fretboard from string abuse

ganna19
03-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Thanks wokkaboy!