PDA

View Full Version : ES Drill pattern template

fender3x
30-05-2016, 03:38 AM
Don't know if this is useful to anyone but me, but I put made a template of the wiring holes for my ES4-B bass kit.

On this kit and I am guessing a few others (ES-1 type quitars perhaps) you can only fit the wiring harness through the F hole, so everything needs to be done in advance. Personally, I am not always as careful in getting my leads the right length and such figuring I can clean things up before closing the cavity, and no one but me is going to see anyway.

This time I won't be able to clean things up, and want everything as tidy as possible before putting it in. So, I made a rubbing of the front of the body, and mapped out the exact distances and angles and size of the holes. My plan is to glue this onto a piece thin wood or thick cardboard, drill holes to the proper sizes and then wire everything up.

Once drawn I scanned the drawing so that if I made a mistake I would be able to recreate everything without redrawing the template. Nice thing about PDF is that you can be sure when it prints it prints to scale.

Would be happy to share this with any other ES builders, but not sure how to upload a PDF. Is there a special trick? I have a website where I can put it with a link, but the site is a little flaky and has a habit of going down. Will do that as a last resort, but if anyone knows a free site where I can upload this to, I'd be happy to do so!

stan
30-05-2016, 11:46 AM
thats a great idea and nice of you to share it.
you could upload to Dropbox to share it and paste up the link

fender3x
31-05-2016, 12:16 AM
Thanks, Stan. Did a little searching and found a place that allows for uploads of PDFs... So here it is:

https://www.docdroid.net/0ldVHnb/control-template.pdf.html