PDA

View Full Version : Why you should build another Strat.....

Andy40
24-05-2016, 03:57 AM
Here are a million reasons why you should build another strat.:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khkghSLo750

robin
24-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Thanks for that Andy, never heard of him before, but that Strat does sound awesome.

Purely by coincidence I watched a YouTube video today of a producer who likes to use a B3 as the "glue" to hold together guitar, drums and bass mixes. This is a classic example of how it works. I also loved the Hammond solo. Although when I try and play a solo like that it sounds awful. I think there must be something wrong the the VST plugin that I'm using. ;)

wokkaboy
24-05-2016, 01:49 PM
good to hear from you Westie07, how is that scratchy build going ? haven't seen any updates for a while

FYI Rob, I lost power for about 3 hours Saturday (pretty wild storm on Perth) which restricted what I could do in the workshop but the main thing was my beer was still cold hahha

EDIT cheers Andy for the video that strat was singing the whole song, alot of his sounds are similar to the way SRV attacks the guitar. Some very cool classic strat sounds indeed

Andy40
25-05-2016, 03:08 AM
Yeah I hadn't heard of Philip Sayce until recently and I've been listening to a fair bit of his stuff. Had to share. He's a fantastic guitar player. He's got two strats that he uses and both look as used as Rory Gallaghers! He's certainly rekindled love for my ST-1.

Wokks...has the weather calmed down over there yet?

SIMpleONe89
30-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Wow great player! Reminds me of a cross between John Mayer and Joe Bonamassa!

SIMpleONe89
30-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Actually no more like Jimi and SRV.

wokkaboy
30-05-2016, 07:04 PM
I agree Simon, and similar to Kenny Wayne Shepherd if you have heard him play