PDA

View Full Version : Magnificent 7 Jazzmaster

B.A.R
13-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Ever since I saw the Fender magnificent 7 announcement at NAMM I've been craving one of these bad boys, but a price tag around the 2500 mark has got me thinking I should attempt to make it instead....

I see that the pitbull JM kits are a humbucker and two single coil design, how hard would it be to use the pitbull kit as a starting point and end up with a magnificent piece like this jazz master???

Dedman
13-05-2016, 04:11 PM
Adam could probably order you a body with no Trem cavity. I think it would just be a matter of making a custom pick guard to hold everything. Nice concept!

kimball492
13-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Hi B.A.R You could use it as the basis of the Magnificent 7. If you wanted to fit the Bigsby tremelo, you'd have to do some modifications to the body. The rest should be pretty simple to do. Have fun nice idea.Or as Dedman suggested do a special order with Adam.

rjl
14-05-2016, 10:50 AM
My JM body is pre drilled for a hard tail, no whammy route.

The front has a "bathtub" route, so no reason you couldn't put in 2 HBs or P90s.

Dedman
14-05-2016, 11:35 AM
oooh! easy done then with that huge swimming pool route. All you need is the Bigsby and a custom pick guard Pabs could probably help out on the pick guard

wait, I don't see that body listed on the store..........

rjl
14-05-2016, 12:37 PM
I requested "JMA-1 body. No rear route (if possible). Pickups, pickguard, controls as per standard kit."

Adam added the pre-drill for tune-o-matic and stop tailpiece because I wanted to use the ES-12 hardware, so tell him exactly what you're after.