PDA

View Full Version : Jade Australia Acoustic Amps

Zandit75
13-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Hi Guys,
Looks like I'm getting to look after my Old Mans Jade Acoustic Amp.
It's about 15-20yo, but like everything else he owns, it's in bloody good physical condition.
The actual model is called a Pro Acoustic 130m Twin Channel.
Does anyone have any experience with these amps at all?
Apparently it is being temperamental recently, and my Dad said if I spent the cash to do it up, I could keep it.
It quite often gives a loud pop when you turn the power on, and occasionally the guitar channel will give out some static.
Hopefully it's not much to fix, I just wish the amp was a little smaller! It's the size of a small beer fridge, and weighs a tonne!
The last time I used it, I was able to get a really nice sound out of it, and even the vocal channel is not bad. It's just a pity it was at my uncles funeral, and I was a blubbering mess at the start of the song!
So, any info or experience you can share would be appreciated.
I know Jade are still in operation, but none of their current range come anywhere near the size or power of this thing.
I haven't contacted them yet, but thought there may be someone here who knows something they could share.

BTW, I understand you can get better results plugging in electric guitars to Acoustic amps than using an Acoustic Guitar through an Electric guitar amp. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.