PDA

View Full Version : Playing in Melbourne June 5th

rjl
10-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Hi all

My originals band, The FAQs, are playing at Mr Boogie Man Bar in Hoddle St Collingwood on Sunday June 5th. It's a late arvo / early evening gig, and we're scheduled to be on 2nd (of 3 bands) at 6pm.

Here's a clip of one of my songs from our last show at Tago Mago on April 24th. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKgajlo5EyU

I don't think my PBG 12-string will be finished by then, but hopefully the band will be a sufficient attraction...

Cheers

rjl

keloooe
10-05-2016, 03:17 PM
Might see if I can pop down rjl, it is a day after one of my own band's shows so I'll have to see how busy I am that day, but if I'm free expect a hello from me!

wokkaboy
10-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Hey Rob I watched about 2.5 tracks on your YT channel, sounds good. I assume you are singing with the strat ?

don't rush your build for the sake of a gig, plus you really need to play the neck in a bit.

rjl
11-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Guilty as charged on the singing front. We have three songwriters in the band and sing lead on our own songs with various permutations of backing vox. Rehearse about once a fortnight and play every month or two...

rjl
11-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Might see if I can pop down rjl, it is a day after one of my own band's shows so I'll have to see how busy I am that day, but if I'm free expect a hello from me!

Checked out your band FB page - looks like a good night shaping up on the 4th! - enjoy...

Andy40
11-05-2016, 09:18 AM
If I lived in Melb I'd definatley come along. Luv the tunes RJL ;)

keloooe
11-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Checked out your band FB page - looks like a good night shaping up on the 4th! - enjoy...

Yeah I saw the like notification this arvo when I came home from school. With the 4th, another band have been added, I'll update the images and such tonight!