PDA

View Full Version : LP-1S "Poison Ivy" Roughly set up

Joe Piler
06-05-2016, 11:51 PM
Hey guys couldnt wait to show you my guitar and what she sounds like for now.

Playability is a bit of an issue atm but i'm taking her to a guitar tech for a nut and fret job + set up.
Also thicker gauge strings will go on atm still stock .009's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhBBeETxsE0

Andy40
07-05-2016, 04:12 AM
Thanks for putting up the vid of her! a vid always speaks volumes about a guitar which doesn't get translated in the pictures. Man I love the sound of those SD pups!

Joe Piler
07-05-2016, 04:19 AM
Thanks for putting up the vid of her! a vid always speaks volumes about a guitar which doesn't get translated in the pictures. Man I love the sound of those SD pups!
Ty intonation is still way off mostly due to the high nut slots and i need to rotate the saddles on the high strings i cant wait till she's professionaly set up.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D6603 met Tapatalk

Andy40
07-05-2016, 04:34 AM
I know what you mean Joe, I was a little put off trying to play mine for the first time without intonating properly and setting action height. Even my nut height was out. It took me another month to set her up right and woah! Still making a little list of things to tinker with though!

Joe Piler
07-05-2016, 04:39 AM
I know what you mean Joe, I was a little put off trying to play mine for the first time without intonating properly and setting action height. Even my nut height was out. It took me another month to set her up right and woah! Still making a little list of things to tinker with though!
Tomorrow heading to the guitar shop for strings then dropping her off at the tech's on sunday. I'm performing live for the first time one 21 may so i hope i can use her then.

Andy40
07-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Tomorrow heading to the guitar shop for strings then dropping her off at the tech's on sunday. I'm performing live for the first time one 21 may so i hope i can use her then.

Nice! good luck mate

Dedman
07-05-2016, 11:39 AM
good stuff Joe, Ivy is a winner

Joe Piler
07-05-2016, 12:16 PM
good stuff Joe, Ivy is a winner
Thz ded