PDA

View Full Version : FB-1M with Body Crack

adam
26-04-2016, 06:36 PM
UPDATE: I have given this kit to Dingobass to do a repair job as, in his opinion, the crack was a bit too far gone and needed a proper fix. I will relist this kit when DB has worked his magic.

Seems the factory didn't dry some of their Mahogany properly, so we have 3 Mahogany kits with cracks in the body.

This one is an FB-1M with quite a significant crack, so it would suit an experienced builder. It may even require dowling and gluing.

The kit was $245 and is now just $185. Our rock solid PBG Guarantee applies for everything but the body crack.

10837 (http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-fb-1m-electric-guitar-kit-mahogany-factory-second/)
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-fb-1m-electric-guitar-kit-mahogany-factory-second/

First 3 photos in the Galley are the actual body you will receive.

Gavin1393
26-04-2016, 08:00 PM
Just for the inexperienced builder a crack of this nature is easier to fix if you know how....

What you will want to do is grab some Titebond glue and some adhesive tape (the blue stuff should work). Work the glue into the crack as well as you can then apply several long strips of of tape along the side edges of the guitar (roughly at 90degrees to the crack). Then stretch the tape one strand at a time and place the tape across the crack and along the length of the body ending at the opposite side of the guitar. Repeat the process with as many additional strands as necessary to 'pull the sides together' until the crack closes. Wipe up the excess glue and your guitar should look as good as new.

Andy40
27-04-2016, 04:16 PM
I was looking at this on the computer, then I looked at my wife, who looked at me, then the computer then to me. The last look was not one of admiration.....(frowny face)

wokkaboy
27-04-2016, 04:31 PM
bwhahah Andy you are well and truly part of team GAS

you just need to try and explain it to Wifey

Andy40
27-04-2016, 04:34 PM
Wokks I tried to tell her that your 63 guitars are just "average" and that I'm lagging behind.

I think the humour was lost....

wokkaboy
27-04-2016, 04:36 PM
haha don't think that will help Andy. Tell her each build you are learning and improving and they all sound so different.

make sure she understands the SGD is one guitar hahah

wazkelly
05-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Wokks I tried to tell her that your 63 guitars are just "average" and that I'm lagging behind.

I think the humour was lost....

I hear you Andy as do most of the rest of the married forum members.

It does get hard justifying multiple guitars to persons who may have a larger collection of shoes, clothes and handbags than we would ever care to guess or even know about.

I am nudging towards 10 axes all up with 2 electrics that have hardly been played in the last 12 months, and there goes my argument through lack of use.

FrankenWashie
06-05-2016, 01:32 PM
I hear you Andy as do most of the rest of the married forum members.

It does get hard justifying multiple guitars to persons who may have a larger collection of shoes, clothes and handbags than we would ever care to guess or even know about.

I am nudging towards 10 axes all up with 2 electrics that have hardly been played in the last 12 months, and there goes my argument through lack of use.

Surely every well cultured gentleman should have a formal guitar, a black tie guitar, a smart casual guitar, a business guitar.........

Dedman
06-05-2016, 02:42 PM
hey! that's my excuse , get your own!

FrankenWashie
06-05-2016, 04:14 PM
hey! that's my excuse , get your own!

It seems this forum is awash with well cultured gentlemen! Bravo Sir!

Andy40
06-05-2016, 04:25 PM
soooo...what type of guitar is the FB?

pablopepper
06-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Firebird, bro.

Andy40
06-05-2016, 05:28 PM
lol no, smart casual...businessy....sassy?

dingobass
06-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Firebird is the Mullet of the Guitar world... all business at the front and party at the back.

Dedman
06-05-2016, 09:09 PM
I'm glad in some ways that I'm single these days. I'd always tell my ex that she'd thank me for buying that new sword/firearm/knife when the zombies came,guitars don't leave me that excuse. Mind you , my playing could be used as a weapon I guess

FrankenWashie
09-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Firebird is the Mullet of the Guitar world... all business at the front and party at the back.

So, basically flanno and Trackie Dacks then DB?

wazkelly
10-05-2016, 07:48 PM
So, basically flanno and Trackie Dacks then DB?

Are you from Western Suburbs Sydney where Uggh Boots are also considered formal attire at the Rooty Hill RSL amongst other fine establishments in that part of the universe.

FrankenWashie
10-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Are you from Western Suburbs Sydney where Uggh Boots are also considered formal attire at the Rooty Hill RSL amongst other fine establishments in that part of the universe.

No, though according to the glitterati of the eastern suburbs anything west of Anzac parade fits your statement. Here in the inner west, Uggies are reserved for ironic hipster wear or for kardashiac wannabes. So I guess that makes the FB hipster wear for pseudo alt rock small venues sessions?

dingobass
10-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Firebirds are a black t shirt and steel toed workboots with a dinner suit..
Dial a Firebird back and she sings, crank her up and she screams.
The best Guitar Gibson ever made.

Fretworn
11-05-2016, 11:34 AM
No, though according to the glitterati of the eastern suburbs anything west of Anzac parade fits your statement. Here in the inner west, Uggies are reserved for ironic hipster wear or for kardashiac wannabes. So I guess that makes the FB hipster wear for pseudo alt rock small venues sessions?

I think even Rooty Hills RSL would frown on Ugh boots now.

Fretworn
11-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Firebirds are a black t shirt and steel toed workboots with a dinner suit..
Dial a Firebird back and she sings, crank her up and she screams.
The best Guitar Gibson ever made.

Black T-shirt, jeans and a velvet lined cape....close...
http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/2014/gallery/2014-in-memoriam-musicians-we-lost-this-year-20141226/johnny-winter-20141226/178351/medium_rect/1418936944/720x405-131390467.jpg

FrankenWashie
12-05-2016, 02:11 PM
I think even Rooty Hills RSL would frown on Ugh boots now.

I wouldn't be surprised. That place is massive now.

Petergrout
02-10-2016, 01:35 PM
and all this time I thought it was just me...................................