PDA

View Full Version : Re-arranging my bedroom studio today.

DrNomis_44
23-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone,

I have decided to do some re-arranging of my little bedroom studio today so that I'm not so cramped up while sitting at my computer desk, the computer desk itself isn't going to be moved very far from where it is currently, just going to be re-positioned against the wall 90 degrees from it's current position, a good friend of mine gave me a 3U rack case and I managed to fit both my Firewire Audio Interfaces in it, so that is going to be placed on the spare desk that will be positioned 90 degrees with respect to the computer desk, but it will be moved hard up against the wall, I'll be posting some pics of my bedroom studio setup a bit later on once everything has been sorted out, so stay tuned.

DrNomis_44
23-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Update:

Okay so I've finished getting my little bedroom studio all re-arranged and everything is back up and running, it doesn't feel all cramped up like it did before so I'm pretty happy with the result, I'll just quickly take a pic so you can see how everything is laid out, a word of warning, my bedroom needs a bit of cleaning up (I'm a bachelor after all) which I'll do tomorrow, after that's done I'll take some more pics and give you a grand tour of my studio setup, stay tuned.

Rightio, here's a couple of pics of my little bedroom studio, it's not much, but it's enough to do the job, when it wants to work right:

Here's how I have the studio set up, you can see my two Audioline Powered Monitors either side of the LCD monitor:

And here's a pic of my Desktop DAW PC, once I get a good LCD monitor for my Mac G4, I'll get it all set up so I can transfer stuff I do on the DAW PC over to the Mac G4 if I want to do some mixing in ProTools LE6.4:

Feel free to post pics of your studio set up.

stan
23-04-2016, 07:30 PM
looks cool.
i dont record, so i take up less space.. haha

tonyw
23-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Looks good Doc, a no fuss set up

dave.king1
23-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Nice Doc, a lot more room than I have to work in

DrNomis_44
23-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Looks good Doc, a no fuss set up

Cheers, it may be a no-fuss setup but sometimes it can be temperamental...lol.

One of these days I might see if I can get a few pieces of outboard gear together, I have another Rackmount case that I'd love to put a PA mixer in so I can hook it up to my Audio Interfaces, maybe a couple of good compressors, like an Urei 1176, and maybe some other stuff.

tonyw
23-04-2016, 07:49 PM
They all do mate...

Dedman
23-04-2016, 08:39 PM
I was going to post a pic of my mates Mastering studio and claim it as my own but the cunning bugger has no photo's of the gear on his site, so here's a pic of a Les Paul desk instead :P .10775

DrNomis_44
23-04-2016, 08:42 PM
I was going to post a pic of my mates Mastering studio and claim it as my own but the cunning bugger has no photo's of the gear on his site, so here's a pic of a Les Paul desk instead :P .10775

Geez, I bet that desk would sound pretty good, has a real retro look to it Dedman, I bet it'd be worth a bit nowadays.

dingobass
23-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Noice one Doc.
Amazing what can be done in a small space with a bit of thought.

kimball492
23-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Looks great Doc. Dedman I wonder who has that desk now be worth a fortune.

DrNomis_44
23-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Noice one Doc.
Amazing what can be done in a small space with a bit of thought.

Cheers mate, it also helps when pretty much the whole studio is Digital, except for the two powered monitors.