PDA

View Full Version : Dave Pensados Mixing Techniques

kimball492
20-04-2016, 02:31 PM
http://blog.landr.com/10-best-dave-pensado-mix-tips-will-make-mixes-better/

wokkaboy
20-04-2016, 02:32 PM
crikey KB I was about to send out the KB search party hadn't seen a new thread started todaz ! LOL

kimball492
20-04-2016, 04:13 PM
No matter what time I set my alarm clock to wake me your always in here Woks . You now offering 24 hour service hahaha. What you building currently

wokkaboy
20-04-2016, 04:28 PM
haha good one KB, most of my forum time is business hours as I sit in front of a PC 9 hours a day. Not so much weekday evenings as I've had enough of computers by then.
My signature is pretty current on my current builds mate. Last couple of weekends been doing up wine barrels to sell as a mini portable bar. Got the first 2 barrels done. If you want to see them they are on 4D Guitars on Faecesbook

kimball492
20-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Those barrels look fantastic Woks especially the clear coat. What do you use to shoot the clear equipment wise. And what's happening to wine barrel 3 ?

wokkaboy
20-04-2016, 04:47 PM
hey KB cheers mate, I have spray equipment but haven't played around with it enough to be confident using it and hate the cleanup and setup. I've used Bitish Paints poly clear in a rattle can - $10.70 at the big green shed ! Although need about 1 can per coat !

Barrel 3 we are looking at cutting a door and putting a shelf inside the barrel to store your whiskey !

kimball492
20-04-2016, 04:51 PM
How about a small fridge inside with opening closing door. Will it have vodka and gin too lol. Great job looks sweet. Do you use poly on your guitars not acrylic Woks how'd you find it ?

wokkaboy
20-04-2016, 08:03 PM
haha KB the thought of a fridge inside a wine barrel has crossed our mind, just need a pretty small one to fit inside. A round beer can one would be perfect. We got a Fosters can fridge but the access is from the top, but that is still possible to convert.
I've had good results with the poly on guitars.
Wow that finish on the tele is very shiny, what have you used there ? You should be running a build diary of this axe, very nice. Or is it a surprise/present build ?

kimball492
20-04-2016, 08:27 PM
It's acrylic this time and ubeauts sanding sealer with Angelus Leather Dyes. I work too sporadically Woks to do the build diary it's the time. And then ordering parts from all over the world. The finish is what takes the majority of time. Its my daughters Tele.