PDA

View Full Version : Buster

tonyw
01-04-2016, 11:03 AM
Buster went by a few names, he was just too much dog to have one name.

Brand: Bullmastiff

Full Name: Buster Dennis ( my wife gave him my middle name because we were a pair of rogues)

Nics: Smedley, Smutley Mr Goober, he had the slobber from hell.

Born 1992 he was a rescue 6 weeks old
Died 2005 Long life for a big dog.

He was an Alpha dog we had many moments working out whos boss, i won, but my wife was always relegated to B lol.

67kg of full on Alpha dog as an adolescent, sent me to the edge sometimes, but after i got control, i had the best dog a man could want. He would protect my wife when i was away, and because he was walked x2 a day everyday, everyone knew him, he didnt tolerate other dogs too well but never attacked one only warned them to stay away.

Never had a can of dog food in his life, and always had a banana and vegemite on toast for breakfast after his 5am walk, with fish oil and garlic caps hidden in it, bugger could find them and dig them out.

His food was roo meat vegetables pasta or rice.

Still miss him like it was yesterday.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w38/my04tone/mebuster_zpscwotq903.jpg

My Galah Jack is just visible in the cage down the back, she passed away not long after, she took on what appeared to be a bush rat in her big cage (rats usually run in pairs), they killed each other, so that was it, no more animals for us.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w38/my04tone/buster1_zpsrwxdyd5a.jpg

Fuzzbeard
01-04-2016, 04:56 PM
What a big boy. I bet those chops could have got a mean slobber going.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

tonyw
01-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Yeah you get used to having his slag all over you, he used to shake his head half way up the hallway because he knew it would get a reaction from the missus. We had towels all over the place and i used to wash his jowls out with a hose haha.

He used to get the hose, and it had one of those small round steel sprinklers on it, and he would whip himself hard from side to side and think it was funny, he was one tough dude with a heart of gold.