PDA

View Full Version : 'Strikethrough'?

Muzza
01-04-2016, 08:46 AM
I've tried all the BB code I can think of to make text 'strikethough' and nothing works.

I find it handy if, as an example, you put something in a post and you later find it inaccurate. Like I said "wet sand with TO and 600 grit W&D". I later found the source of my information and wanted to change it to 1200 grit. I think it's good to show the original information has been changed, or added to.

From what I've found, I believe the admin needs to enable this by creating a custom BB code.
Here's what I found on the Vbulletin forum...
----------------------------------------------------------------
AdminCP > Custom BB Codes > Add New BB Code

Fill in the fields as follows:

Title: Strike
Tag: strike
Replacement: <strike>{param}</strike>
Example: strikeout text
Description: The [strike] tag allows you to display crossed-out text
Use Option: No
You can create a button image if you like for the new posting windows, I haven't bothered though.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Tweaky
05-04-2016, 01:44 PM
Just highlight the text you want to strike through, copy, then delete original text while in post edit mode.
Paste replacement text back into thread, while still highlighted, choose strike though from text entry options.
Preview to see if correct, then post.

Muzza
05-04-2016, 04:14 PM
I just tried what you suggested.It didn't work .
Where are these "text entry options" found?
Also, when I paste the replacement text back into the thread, it's NOT highlighted.

[Edit:] I originally tried it on my Macbook, and just now I tried it on my son's Windoze 10 machine - same result.

wokkaboy
05-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Muzza try going to 'general settings' then down the bottom 'miscellaneous settings' make sure enhanced editor is selected

Muzza
05-04-2016, 04:28 PM
I've checked that Wok, and I already have 'Enhanced interface - full WYSIWYG editing' selected.

I'm using Google Chrome on both Mac and PC.

wokkaboy
05-04-2016, 04:33 PM
go to top right of screen to 'settings' then under 'my settings' on the left list you will find 'general settings'

Muzza
05-04-2016, 04:36 PM
I've checked that Wok, and I already have 'Enhanced interface - full WYSIWYG editing' selected.

I'm using Google Chrome on both Mac and PC.

[Edit:] I just tried it using Edge browser - same behaviour.

wokkaboy
05-04-2016, 04:38 PM
sorry Muzza I've never done the strike through so better wait for someone that knows how to do it to chime in

Muzza
05-04-2016, 04:40 PM
If the admins haven't enabled it, it won't work.

Tweaky, have you been able to do it?

Tweaky
05-04-2016, 04:54 PM
NO
Seems a admin setting is wrong, or has changed [this sometimes happens when website forum software is updated, settings get changed ]
No other reason why this can't be done by the poster, either initially, or via editing their post.
Forum admin need to sort this.

adam
05-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Hey guys, a bit beyond my capabilities, so I've got Daz onto it.

DAZ!!!!!!

adam
05-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Hey guys, as usual, Daz has come through:

"I've added strike through. In the advance editor, there is now a button which can be clicked (select text you want struck, then click button) , or when typing you can add '' before the text you want stricken, and '' after"

EDIT: that should say you can add an "s" in square brackets, before the text you want strikethrough, then a "/s" in square brackets after the text you want strikethrough.

Strike away!

Muzza
05-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Cheers Ads