PDA

View Full Version : Angus

Muzza
31-03-2016, 10:51 PM
Thought I might introduce you all to my pitbull-ish avatar, and best friend, 'Angus'.
He just turned 4 last month, half American Staffy, half Lab.

Best dog I've ever owned, but he's a big sook. If eating was an Olympic sport, he'd be a guaranteed gold medalist.

9918 9919

dave.king1
01-04-2016, 05:20 AM
The eating bit would be the lab bit, we had two black labs many years ago and they were 4 legged garbage disposal units.

One had a taste for seafood, snuck up behind a fisherman and ate a bag of very smelly prawns, brought home a hairtail head which she ate from the pointy teeth down to the gills and on another occasion brought home a decent sized chunk of the hind quarter of a Rusa deer ( we lived at Bundeena in the RNP ) she was heartbroken when I pitched it off the ferry wharf, it stunk like the bowels of hell

dingobass
01-04-2016, 09:45 AM
My brick with eyes, Saffy the Staffy is a garbage disposal unit too..
I also believe we could bottle and sell her farts. Saffy fart grenades would be far more effective than tear gas.
Some of her emissions have been tear inducing and stomach heaving.

wazkelly
01-04-2016, 09:07 PM
What do you feed her DB as that may just be a major contributing factor to the XXX strength odour.

We once baby sat an ex guide dog lab for a couple of weeks that had recovered from a broken hind leg, Gorgeous and intelligent, almost human in that she understood everything, and I mean everything you said. Due to the injury she was on a strict dry food only diet partly to keep weight down as if left to graze all day, as they would do if allowed, they just balloon outta sight. Was allowed the odd carrot here and there and overall the familiar SBD dog scented airborne fragrance was not so evident and breath smelt a lot better too.

Muzza
01-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Angus never drops his guts.

We feed him one of the premium dry foods and he gets the occasional leftovers mixed in and roo sticks for treats. It's hard to NOT feed him as he's got 'the look' down perfectly, but we DO resist and he's in top shape and fart-free.

dingobass
02-04-2016, 09:24 AM
@Waz, we feed our guys Black Hawk premium dry food with some fresh Chook or Beef.
Trouble with the Staffy is she is a garbage guts, she goes around hoovering up all sorts of interesting things like bird poo and raiding the copmpost bin is an all time fave of hers...
Zeddybitz and Pindari very rarely let one go..

Muzza
09-05-2016, 01:08 PM
My 84 year old mum is up visiting and to keep herself busy, she drew a portrait of Angus. Turned out pretty darn good!

Angus likes it!

Angus likes mum too!

wokkaboy
09-05-2016, 01:14 PM
great portrait and photos Muzza !

Dedman
09-05-2016, 01:26 PM
great stuff Muzza!