PDA

View Full Version : Betsy

adam
30-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Dogs seem to appear regularly here; in profile pics, in the background of shots of your beloved build and just generally hanging around the man cave.

About time we had a dedicated sub-Forum to show off your beloved Boofa.

I'll start with Betsy.

She's a Foster from Staffy and Bully Breed Rescue WA and is a Staffy/Shar Pei mix. Very lovely girl, but she has some serious health issues which means she's not going to be adopted any time soon. I've had her since August 2015.

Here's some glamour shots I took of her last year.

Let's see your fur companion/s, who keep/s you company during those long sanding/staining sessions.

Start a new Thread in this Sub Forum to show off your pets.

DrNomis_44
30-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Since the only pets I have are two cats, I guess I can't contribute to this thread.

dingobass
30-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Our three pests...
Zeddybitz, Saffron and Pindari Dingo.

Zeddy and Saffron are both rescue dogs, we drove across the Nullarbor to Griffith NSW to get Pindari.
That was a fun trip, Saffron spent the first two days farting... Staffy farts in an enclosed space.... Noice....

adam
30-03-2016, 10:48 PM
@ DrNomis_44 (http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/member.php?u=2554) let's see them! Who doesn't love Cats! Start a new Thread in this sub forum.

@ DB, start a new thread in this sub forum for these three... they deserve their own thread.

DrNomis_44
30-03-2016, 11:14 PM
@ DrNomis_44 (http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/member.php?u=2554) let's see them! Who doesn't love Cats! Start a new Thread in this sub forum.

@ DB, start a new thread in this sub forum for these three... they deserve their own thread.

No worries then Adam, I'll have to wait untill the morning and start a cat thread, I'll take a couple of good pics of my two cats with my Nikon Camera and upload them in the morning too, I know I've posted a couple of pics in a thread in the Naughty Warehouse section, but they're not the best cause I took them with my Samsung Galaxy Y phone, I reckon I could do better, so stay tuned.

DrNomis_44
30-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Our three pests...
Zeddybitz, Saffron and Pindari Dingo.

Zeddy and Saffron are both rescue dogs, we drove across the Nullarbor to Griffith NSW to get Pindari.
That was a fun trip, Saffron spent the first two days farting... Staffy farts in an enclosed space.... Noice....

Hey DB, I was just wondering, how friendly is Pindari?

dave.king1
31-03-2016, 07:07 AM
Here's my little Maltese Shelley who crossed the rainbow bridge a couple of years ago after 18 years and 8 months, went in her own time laying in her favorite spot in the sun.

Then there are the two grandpuppies, a maltese / shitzu cross called Moet ( daughter has expensive tastes ) and my son's golden retriever Beau giving me a birthday kiss last December

dingobass
31-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Hey DB, I was just wondering, how friendly is Pindari?

Pindari is your classic Alpine Dingo, he is very shy until he gets to know you which can take some time....
There are so many myths surrounding the nature of the Dingo.
They are not a savage animal, they do not hunt sheep and cattle if the pack is left intact.
Dingoes have a very strict pack formation consisting of Alpha Female as over all leader, Alpha Male whos role is teaching the youngsters how to behave and protect the pack.
Once the Alpha pair is removed the whole pack disintergrates, this is when you get hybridisation with domestic dogs which then form a pack of wild dogs that are the true culprits with stock destruction.
Leave the pack intact and you will discover that Dingoes will kill feral cats and foxes as well as any domestic dog that enters their territory.
But because we have a stupid Government and dumb arse farmers who just want to kill everything by dropping 1080 poison the Dingo has been prevented from doing what it is meant ie: being Australias top land predator and environmental protector.
1080, the so called wonder poison (which is banned just about everywhere except Oz and NZ) has been dropped willy nilly across our country for more than 30 years.
Has it made a difference?
No.
It has, however, killed millions of native birds and small carnivors through secondary poisoning.

Dedman
31-03-2016, 09:24 AM
1080 is a horrible death for any creature and doesn't discriminate about what it kills and yet our gumbient prefers it over quick shot to the head for ferals. Over the last 30yrs years dog and cat populations in the bush have sky rocketed, they cause more stock losses than the poor old dingo could ever account for. It's surprising we have any native fauna left all due to ferals, yet poor old dingo cops the blame. If they want a work for the dole system, give unemployed in the country a rifle and ammo and send em out to cull foxes, cats, dogs, pigs,camels, hares, rabbits, at least 6 species of deer, water buffalo, goats, and that's without starting on the bird species.

DrNomis_44
31-03-2016, 09:30 AM
The Aborigines used to keep Dingoes as pets, I think some still do.

dingobass
31-03-2016, 10:17 AM
The Aborigines used to keep Dingoes as pets, I think some still do.
Sure do, Doc.
The Aboriginal people call the "camp dog" Bunjil. Dingoes are generally referred to as Warrigul.

peterh
31-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Here's our two labs which we lost over the last few months at 12 1/2 yrs. They were absolutely wonderful companions and it's funny how much of a hole they leave in your routine when they're gone.

wokkaboy
31-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Peter did both labs pass within a few months ? sad times, sorry to hear about your loss

wokkaboy
31-03-2016, 11:02 AM
here's a pic of my 4D buddy Wayne's dog Odie, he's a red cloud/mastiff cross, he loves hanging out near the workbench when myself and Wayne do axe work

peterh
31-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Wokka,
Yes, we had to put the male down just after Christmas and the female 4 weeks ago. They were brother and sister from the same litter.

Peter did both labs pass within a few months ? sad times, sorry to hear about your loss