adam
25-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Ok, finally got all the new kits up. So, just to recap in one thread, we have:

The TLB-4 and TLB-4F (Fretless)

The TL-51

ES-1TL (Trini Lopez inspired ES kit)

SGB-34 3/4 scale SG style bass

And, not really a new kit, but the factory's new version of the FS-1

Keep the new kit ideas coming! Obviously we can't do every one that is suggested, but do remember that most can be custom ordered for you, unless they are a completely new shape that the factory hasn't done before.

gavinturner
25-03-2016, 12:28 PM
The Trini Lopez looks awesome Ads! That goes to the top of my list.

Cheers,
Gav.

adam
25-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Yeah, another good job they did on that one.

These new semi-hollow kits have got some amazing looking tops, and I think it's just the basswood.

I've asked the factory if they've put a veneer on these, 'cause it looks a bit too good. I'll let you know.

stan
25-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Wow, some real killer choices now, well done

How does this pan out with lefty versions of these kits?

adam
25-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Hey Stan, you can order any of these in lefty, just flick me an email and we can get it ordered.

If you're not in a rush and can wait a few months, they will be the same price as the right handed kit.

If you want it in 4-6 weeks, then just add $80 to cover the EMS shipping from the factory to you.

Too easy!

stan
25-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Awesome thanks, I'm in trouble now....

tonyw
25-03-2016, 02:11 PM
I like the look of the Trini, i might be tempted later down the track.

Andy40
25-03-2016, 03:18 PM
We could all use another Tele Tony!

tonyw
25-03-2016, 03:31 PM
We could all use another Tele Tony!

I will spit out probably 4 teles this year in different guises, i need the room for more bodies :D

nDR01d
25-03-2016, 06:41 PM
It will take me a day or two to pick up my jaw from the floor. PBG just keeps getting better. I also need a third job now. ;)

WeirdBits
25-03-2016, 07:17 PM
I must avert my eyes.

Brendan
26-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Damn Adam - too many nice kits - great choices on the basses - both are on the to do list now!

headcaver
04-04-2016, 12:59 AM
TLB-4 is very cool. I cant see what type of pickup it comes with. The tele basses traditionally had a small single coil thing that punched like nothing else. Ian rilen always played one in X. Very unique sound.
Very tempting..

adam
04-04-2016, 06:22 AM
TLB-4 is very cool. I cant see what type of pickup it comes with. The tele basses traditionally had a small single coil thing that punched like nothing else. Ian rilen always played one in X. Very unique sound.
Very tempting..

Hi there, we specifically ordered these without pickups or pickup routs, so the builder can choose their own pickups. So, you will need to be able to rout the body for the pickups you want, or know someone who can.

Edit: our Resident Luthier, Dingobass, has offered to rout the body to the customer's specs for $50 per rout. This will add up to 2 weeks to the delivery time.

Tweaky
05-04-2016, 01:50 PM
[/QUOTE] Keep the new kit ideas coming! Obviously we can't do every one that is suggested, but do remember that most can be custom ordered for you, unless they are a completely new shape that the factory hasn't done before.[/QUOTE]

Does that include being able to order a slightly wider neck for a ES-12 string? 47mm at nut rather than 43 as shipped at present.

Andy40
05-04-2016, 05:29 PM
I must avert my eyes.

the goggles, they do nothing!

adam
05-04-2016, 05:51 PM
Keep the new kit ideas coming! Obviously we can't do every one that is suggested, but do remember that most can be custom ordered for you, unless they are a completely new shape that the factory hasn't done before.[/QUOTE]

Does that include being able to order a slightly wider neck for a ES-12 string? 47mm at nut rather than 43 as shipped at present.[/QUOTE]

Hey Tweaky, I'm honestly not sure about this, it might be stretching the limits of the factory's abilities (not to mention the language barrier). I keep recalling the guitar kit we ordered as "without fretboard inlays" that arrived without any frets.

That said, they did get the TL-51 ('51 Tele Special) absolutely spot on.

So, it's can be a bit hit and miss, but if you want to give it a go, you can rest easy knowing that you have our PBG Guarantee (return for a full refund) if they you aren't happy with what you receive.

Also remember that custom orders generally add about $100-$150 to the list price, as they are shipped by EMS (Air) direct to you from the factory.

DrNomis_44
06-04-2016, 07:32 AM
@ adam I have decided that the TL-51 is going to be the Pitbull Guitars kit I'm going to order for my next kit build, would love to try finishing it in Dingotone TV Yellow, should look pretty cool with the black scratchplate.

peterh
08-04-2016, 11:20 AM
@Adam,
What is the difference between the new FS-1 and the old one? Is the body basswood veneer or maple? The pictures I saw of an older FS-1 look like maple but the description on the new one doesn't say one way or the other. I'm thinking this might be the next kit - I've got a solid body and hollow body time to try a semi-hollow.

nDR01d
08-04-2016, 01:31 PM
The new FS-1 has a ToM bridge and stop tail piece. The old one had a trapeze. I think that's the only difference.

Gurpgork
05-05-2016, 05:41 PM
I did say I wanted the Trini Lopez, and there it is, I'll be ordering that one tonight.

adam
07-05-2016, 07:21 AM
I did say I wanted the Trini Lopez, and there it is, I'll be ordering that one tonight.

Let me know what you think of the kit, I think you are going to be impressed.

The body is just Basswood, but it's got some really nice grain happening.