PDA

View Full Version : MMB-4 Modification Questions

Crusader
10-03-2016, 10:13 AM
Been a while gents, so Greetings
I am thinking of building a MMB-4 Bass kit, and wanted to ask a few questions on if some modifications would work. So, the kit as far as I can tell is passive, but the original of this tribute is active right?

If I wanted to modify it to put a second pickup with a 3 way switch and active components (maybe 4 knobs, not sure on that yet) will it live :) I can manage the new route for the pickup and wires

I had a look at Seymour Duncan site they have a direct drop in for a ray single pickup but not one for 2 pickups.

or should I just make it a dual pickup 3 way switch 3 knobs and passive?

Any advice before I jump head long into this would be appreciated.

Cheers
Neil

wokkaboy
10-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Hi Neil, welcome back to the forum.

Have a look at Arzi's MMB-4 build diary, pretty sure he put active pups in and he added a neck pup.

Be best send him a PM if there is any other information you need.Surely someone sells a 2 active humbucker pup set.

Let me know if you can't find his build diary, I guess would have been at a guess about May-September 2015

Crusader
10-03-2016, 10:26 AM
excellent. thanks for that, I missed that one, will go looking now.

wokkaboy
10-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Hi Neil I found it after about 15 mins searching

http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4177

Crusader
10-03-2016, 10:41 AM
yep, thanks for that, looks like what I was wanting to do except for the binding :)

wokkaboy
10-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Hey Neil yes it would be tough to do the binding on a rounded edge. Arzi did a great job.

Just note he is from Finland so may take a day or 2 to message you back if you have any questions for him