View Full Version : Rac 4

Brian
02-03-2016, 05:23 AM
I love the look of the Rac 4 bass.
Tell me, how do they play?
Any concerns, especially the set neck?

pablopepper
02-03-2016, 06:14 AM
RCA-4? Mine plays and sounds great. It is the first bass I've owned with a set neck and it feels really nice, very solid and resonant. The only thing I don't really like about it, is it digs in to my ribs after playing for a while. Of course this has nothing to do with the kit, per se, but the design of the instrument and could be remedied by adding a 'belly contour' (which I do to everything now).

That said, I spent quite a bit of extra cash on upgrading components and agonised over the neck angle which needed tweaking (possibly only due to the bridge used).

http://i.imgur.com/5yjstFo.jpg

Brian
02-03-2016, 06:48 AM
Thanks for posting that AND correcting my title for the bass. That blue bass looks great.
I'm considering one of these but would like to modify it to be more like a real Ric. I would be interested in installing original Ric pickups and the dual jack. I can get the parts on ebay or kijjiji. The wiring diagrams are available online too.
How long did the build take you?

pablopepper
02-03-2016, 06:56 AM
A few of the others who have built this one have used more 'original' Ric parts, that was never my intention, I wanted my own thing. Took about 3 months altogether, I think. Faster is totally possible, but I prefer to take my time.

dingobass
02-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Still waiting for you to send that Bass to me, Pabs.....
Do I need to send the boys around? :p