PDA

View Full Version : Why not overseas

fender3x
01-02-2016, 10:41 AM
New here and curious...leading to two questions. Why is dingotone not sold outside Australia. I really like the idea of all natural and environmentally friendly. Which leads to a 2nd question... Is there an American alternative?

Thanks,

Rich

stan
01-02-2016, 10:47 AM
hey Rich i bet it's either something to do with shipping fluids and air safety, or the actual contents fall under some sort of organic prohibitive export that makes customs far too difficult to deal with

Brendan
01-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Rich - I know that DB is looking into it at the moment - key issue from memory is that some components are volatile and as such need to have certain information shipped with it (MSDS). DB and Miss Fe are working on it and getting the relevant clearances, but as with any good bureaucrazy, these things take time. Check out Wudtone as an alternative - good product, poor service from the source (hence why DB has worked out Dingotone).

Andy40
01-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Can I say that Dingotone also smells so good!

Brendan
01-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Personally prefer the smell of Dingotone - massive citrus hit - can even stain in the house!

wazkelly
01-02-2016, 06:14 PM
Hey Brendan, same goes if we want to buy similar stuff on Amazon from US based suppliers and you are right about the flammable transportation issue. The other part would be customs wanting to test/quarantine/whatever for what will feel like forever and then probably lose the goodies in the process.

dingobass
06-02-2016, 04:15 PM
The Bman is right on the money. Flammable goods shipping can be a real nightmare.... But we will get there, especially now that DT Mark II is just about ready for beta testing.

Maddogm
06-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Aren't there also issues sending it via aus post as well?

dingobass
16-02-2016, 12:57 PM
No issues as far as domestic shipping as it goes via road transport.

Now for our overseas friends, the good news is we are just about ready to get the DT tested for open and closed cup flash point testing.
From what I can gather, we should be fine as DT contains absolutely no petro chemicals so that automatically puts us in the lowest bracket of flammability. Happy days!

Meanwhile, I am waiting on a batch of aluminium bottles to arrive. These should also help our cause.
Our Beta testers will be the first to get their DT in these bottles so I will be waiting with baited breath to hear feedback about this packaging change as well.

Muzza
16-02-2016, 08:39 PM
But we will get there, especially now that DT Mark II is just about ready for beta testing.

Is my beta batch on its way yet DB? (Black Stump)

dingobass
16-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Hey Muzza.
I have been waiting on some new aluminium bottles that were meant to arrive Monday......

What I will do is send yours out in the old ones so you can get on with your build.
Sorry for the delay, I am having one of THOSE weeks.....

Brendan
17-02-2016, 07:28 PM
DB - is there a deep - deep cherry red on the cards with DTII?

dingobass
17-02-2016, 07:41 PM
I think thats a good idea BP...
Will be mixing some custom colours tomoz so I will add it to the list.

pilotcp
20-06-2016, 07:01 AM
Hi! Is there any update on this? I really like the concept of an all-natural finish, and also after watching the instructions, it seems like something I can do, and I really want that Tarkine Green!