PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night Special - Double Feature

adam
31-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Two more Factory Seconds up for grabs...

The first is a really nice ES-3, full size true hollow body, single cutaway, ES-175 style kit.

There's a slight chip in the veneer at the neck join which will need some attention. Also it's got this weird discolouration on front and back, which really didn't show up until I put it under lights. I don't think it's glue, but I don't know what it is. I'm sure it will sand off or disappear once you apply the finish.

Otherwise, it's the complete kit with hardware for just $199 (normally $279)

The second is a stock standard TL-1 with a small crack forming between veneers on the body. Check the photos on the link.

This one is just $99 (normally $145).

Here are the links if you want to check them out:

ES-3 Factory Second (http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-es-3-electric-guitar-kit-factory-second/)

TL-1 Factory Second (http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-tl-1-electric-guitar-kit-factory-second/)

Muzza
31-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Soooooooooo tempted....

peterh
31-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Okay, seriously considering getting both. Can you recommend some upgraded pickups for the ES3 - wouldn't want to have to pull the wiring out to replace them later on.

Correction - I'm definitely getting these - done, bought, paid for! I figure since these will be my first 2 builds they'll be great to get some experience on without worrying too much about screwing things up with a more expensive kit. These two types of guitar have been on my short list for the jazz style I'm hoping to learn - Ed Bickert on tele, Joe Pass on ES-175. With the CDN$ pretty much on par with AUS$ and the discount the timing was perfect. The discolouration on the ES-3 doesn't bother me since I'm hoping to do a burst finish on it anyways.

Wish me luck;)

Peter

P.S. Adam - might put a smaller order in with a few extra parts - thinking about the upgraded tuners for the ES-3 but didn't want to miss out on the kit, so I put that order in right away. Any chance of getting a black pickguard instead of white?

peterh
01-02-2016, 08:59 AM
@Adam,
Can I add some upgraded electronics (pots,caps,wire) to my order before you ship it? I was going to just put another order in, but the system wanted to charge me ~$450 for shipping :eek:
For the two kits I'm thinking I need 6 mini Bourns pots, 3 orange drop caps and enough wire to stick them all together - does that sound about right?

Peter.

pablopepper
01-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Email Adam directly mate. adamboyle at pitbullguitars dot com.

dingobass
14-02-2016, 07:14 PM
Sorry about the edit, Pabs but we get smashed by spam if email addys are written as links :)

pablopepper
15-02-2016, 05:21 AM
Oh, my bad. Apologies.

nDR01d
15-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Well done Peter. That was a sweet deal you got.