PDA

View Full Version : Not so much a 'new' kit idea, but a modification to an existing kit...

Muzza
22-01-2016, 09:52 PM
I bought this PRS kit (http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-prs-1ts-electric-guitar-kit) from a different supplier (but it's the exact same thing from the same factory) and I'd like to buy another one, but with only 3 holes for the pots. Everything else on the body would be the same, except one less hole drilled.

EVEN BETTER... Route out the cavity for the pots, but don't drill through the veneer at all. That would give us a lot more creative freedom.

And while I'm saving the factory money on drill bits, how about NOT pre drilling the headstock? Or make it an option? I'm in the process of making some plugs for the existing holes on my current project and relocating them. My woodworking skills are pretty good for an amateur, but I'll probably have to paint the back of the headstock when I'm done. I've already decided to source some Spalted Maple veneer for the front so any imperfections will be well hidden.

I'm new here, so sorry if this has been mentioned before.