PDA

View Full Version : Kramer 600st Wiring

ZacMetal99
22-01-2016, 09:50 AM
So I've had this Kramer 600st for about a year and a half, but it's only been the toggles in it, and I have decided I might as well just get it playable... only one thing.
I don't get the wiring diagram. I have a copy of it, but is it possible for someone to dot point what I should do (on the theory that it is hollow, square one)?

Like, after having all the components in place, how do I wire it basically?

ZacMetal99
22-01-2016, 09:51 AM
the 2 toggles neck side are 2 ways, and the other is a 3 way toggle.

WeirdBits
22-01-2016, 12:40 PM
That diagram has three 2-way switches (on/on) so each pickup can be turned on/off individually, allowing any combination between none to all three pups on at once. What components do you have in the guitar now, all 2-way switches or is one a 3-way?

If you have a 3-way and a 4-wire humbucker then you can have what the diagram shows plus have the bridge switchable between humbucker and single coil. Some pics of the control cavity would help, showing the switches and pickup wire colours etc, as then we can walk you through exactly what to connect where.

wokkaboy
22-01-2016, 02:27 PM
good work, Weirdy will help you out Zac,
Will also help if you explain exactly what the 3 toggle switches do now. Sounds like the bridge end is 3 way so does that split the coils of the humbucker bridge pup ?
The 2 closer the neck 2 way probably already switch neck and middle pup on/off