PDA

View Full Version : Add Glenn Frey to the list

dave.king1
19-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Another great gone.

Sat down and ran through Tequila Sunset, Lyin Eyes and Peace Easy Feeling to celebrate his being here and the great music he gave us.

wokkaboy
19-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Hey DK, 2016 has been a bad year for muso's and it's not even 20th January.

The day Keith Richards and Ozzy Osbourne die will make all older musos very nervous as they should have been dead about 200 times the life they have had haha

tonyw
19-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Yeh it was a shock to find out, all those country rock bands i was in during the 70's, practicing our Eagles harmonies.

A good time to put the foot down for me and start playing again.

kimball492
19-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Yeah how awful to lose yet another great. I was never into country but loved the Eagles. I think it was the guitar solos by Joe Walsh and Don Felder in Hotel California that made me take a closer listen. It also made me listen to other genres of music too.
http://youtu.be/5a1rZrnUIRg

andrewdosborne
19-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Another sad loss. Woks - I reckon Keefie has either pickled himself with 'lemonade' or has smoke cured himself!

wazkelly
19-01-2016, 06:14 PM
Another sad loss. Woks - I reckon Keefie has either pickled himself with 'lemonade' or has smoke cured himself!
Proof of a walking zombie I reckon!

Sad day alright as only a week or so ago recorded parts 1 & 2 of the history of the eagles on foxtel and it was absolutely brilliant. Not like that Bowie rubbish - I'm with Dave.King on that one as having seen a program on the young americans album was too far left of centre for my tastes.