PDA

View Full Version : Wudtone Burst - How To?

whalenb
08-01-2016, 10:42 PM
I have received my Wudtone finish. I purchased the burst add on with mahogany and saffron and a full mahogany kit.

I am a bit confused as to what to put on where and when. The burst add on kit came with only a burst colour coat saffron and a burst colour coat mahogany while the full mahogany kit came with a deep colour coat a base coat and a top coat.

obviously the top coat will be applied to the entire guitar body once all colour has been added.

the example video that is shown on your forum only shows the burst colour coats being applied. this leads me to wonder why i bout the full mahogany kit other than for the top coat. do i use that deep colour coat from the kit first and blend it in with the saffron for my burst and then apply the burst colour coat and saffron multiple times to achieve the look or do i only use the burst colour coat? when does the base colour coat and the deep colour coat come into play?

i assume the burst colour coat from the burst kit is the same as the base colour coat from the mahogany colour kit?

any advice would be appreciated.