PDA

View Full Version : New Audioline Powered Studio Monitors

DrNomis_44
26-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone, I just bought myself a pair of Audioline Powered Studio Monitors from JB HiFi in Casuarina today, they cost me only $98.00 for the pair of them, I also bought a couple of audio leads and a Benq 24 inch LCD monitor, my bedroom studio is starting to look a bit more professional.

ihasmario
27-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone, I just bought myself a pair of Audioline Powered Studio Monitors from JB HiFi in Casuarina today, they cost me only $98.00 for the pair of them, I also bought a couple of audio leads and a Benq 24 inch LCD monitor, my bedroom studio is starting to look a bit more professional.

How would you rate them for use at a school?

I've got monitors at my house -but I don't trust them at school, it would be too costly for me to lose them or for them to get damaged.

Do they go loud or are they strictly nearfield?

DrNomis_44
27-12-2015, 02:36 PM
So far my experience with my new Audioline Powered Studio Monitors has been a good one, the sound is nice and clear with good Bass and Treble, at the price I got them ($98.00/Pair) I'd rate them as pretty good if you're on a budget and you're after a set of monitors for your studio or for use at school, I don't know what kind of setup that's at the school so it's hard for me to form an opinion, I can only go by my experience, not sure if they are nearfields, they have a Bass port opening on the back, I've got the volume control on both monitors set half way up and the master volume on my Saffire Pro 40 set half way up too, that is plenty loud enough for me, I might see if I can post a pic of my studio setup later on.

The monitor's enclosure seems substantial enough, and I'm pretty happy with what I got for my money, before I bought them I was using a pair of second-hand Stereo Surround Sound speakers with a separate powered Subwoofer as a monitor system, but I feel that these new monitors definitely sound better to my ears, the sound is a bit more neutral.

The Powered Monitors have a quoted Audio-Power rating of 15 Watts RMS with a peak rating of 35 Watts.

Frequency Response is from 50Hz to 20kHz.