PDA

View Full Version : Novation Launchkey Mini And Launchpad Mini Midi Controllers

DrNomis_44
24-12-2015, 01:26 PM
I managed to buy myself a couple of new midi controllers from JB HiFi this year, they are the Launchpad Mini and Launchkey Mini which are both made by Novation Music, I've been really getting into their products as I find that they are fairly easy to set up and use, plus they also come with downloadable software, I bought the Launchpad Mini earlier this year and the Launchkey Mini on the 22nd Dec 2015 while I was doing some xmas shopping in Casuarina, the blue square you see in the pic is a copy of Ableton live 9 Standard, Ableton Live 9 is a Digital Audio Workstation that works with audio,midi, and I think even video too, it also supports VST plugins from other manufacturers as well, what's different about Ableton Live is the way it treats audio, it treats audio as if it were a rubber band so that the tempo-matching is super accurate.

Imagine this, you have a drum loop that plays at say 120bpm which you really like and you want to use it to make a drum track for a song you're writing, but there's a problem, you want the song to be in a different tempo but the multitrack DAW software you normally use can't beatmatch the drumloop to the master tempo setting of your DAW software, what to do?....simply launch Ableton Live 9, adjust it's master tempo to the tempo you want your song at, then drop the drumloop into one of the clip slots and....voila!!...Ableton Live instantly, and accurately beatmatches the drumloop to your song without any noticeable change in the sound or feel of the drumloop, it's that good!!

The Launchpad Mini and Launchkey Mini are Midi Controllers specifically designed for Ableton Live but they also work with most other DAW software that supports Midi Control including FL Studio.

Here's a pic for you: 7141