PDA

View Full Version : Show an example.

Tadeo
14-12-2015, 06:43 PM
I was wondering if you could show an example of a finished kit with all the kits you have available in your store.
Regards Tadeo

Brendan
14-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Great idea Tadeo - I think we've tried, but keeping up with all the new kits can be tricky! I'll make sure Adam sees this thread though and we'll see what can be done.

keloooe
14-12-2015, 07:01 PM
Hi Tadeo, try looking on the forum homepage. There is a nice gallery of finished lots uploaded by the creators of those kits. Look for the kit you want and prepare to drool haha! I'll link when I can access a computer

adam
14-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Hi Tadeo,

We have a Gallery Thread, which shows finished examples of most of our kits. If there's a kit that isn't on this Gallery thread, then have a look in the My Build Diary thread.

Here's the Gallery (http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58).

DrNomis_44
14-12-2015, 07:12 PM
There's also the video demos thread too where you not only get to see the finished kits, you also get to hear them in action as well.

BenWA
15-12-2015, 07:48 AM
maybe you could include a link on the purchase page for each kit that links to the appropriate gallery thread for the pics of completed kits. i imagine it would be useful for people who are thinking of buying a kit but who dont want to mess about with the forums, so they can get an idea of how it might turn out, and give them some inspiration

Tweaky
16-12-2015, 04:56 PM
maybe you could include a link on the purchase page for each kit that links to the appropriate gallery thread for the pics of completed kits. i imagine it would be useful for people who are thinking of buying a kit but who dont want to mess about with the forums, so they can get an idea of how it might turn out, and give them some inspiration

That a good point, if only that the pictures posted at the forum/ community can't be viewed by non members.
Some of the finished kits need to be linked to the Kit sale site - but be realistic as well, they need to represent what can be built with the hardware supplied....not some of the heavily modified kit builds that appear at the forum.

Otherwise I could see it could lead to some rather disappointed kit purchasers if using photos of those builds, without explaining the mods done.

BenWA
17-12-2015, 09:16 AM
well you could say some of them are upgraded hardware, i think theyre still worth including to demonstrate to people that they can use the kit as a base to build something really custom and unique

Brendan
17-12-2015, 09:18 PM
From memory - most of the builds on the site are pretty much stock - as mods, we recommend that first timers use the stock anyway as it's generally not as bad as people fear. Most of mine are pretty much stock - the only upgrades I'll generally do is pots, caps and jacks - but that's as much personal preference. That said - if someone wants to drop a set of hand wound boutique pups in a build then all power to them - the kits are great as they encourage people to make the guitars individual and what they want rather than cookie cut from a factory.

BTW - just to show how we listen to the feedback - check out the ST-1 page (http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-st-1-electric-guitar-kit/) towards the bottom are the words "Want to see how awesome these kits can look when finished? Check out some of the awesome customer builds in the Gallery section of our Community Forum." - click on this and ... HEY PRESTO!

Other kits to follow.

BTW II - there are a couple of kits we don't have galleries for (LP-1P), but I'm sure that someone has built one, so if you have built a kit and are happy for us to show it off in all it's glory, then make sure you post it in the Gallery!

Wisdom
10-01-2016, 01:33 AM
Hi Tadeo,

We have a Gallery Thread, which shows finished examples of most of our kits. If there's a kit that isn't on this Gallery thread, then have a look in the My Build Diary thread.

Here's the Gallery (http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58).

You should check out the Gallery (http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58).. Great eye candy and chocked full of inspiration for old and new.